Kitchen timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 3 timer Sonoma Williams that I think stinks. Hard to use, eats batteries.
Also have 2 timers from the same era as yours. THose are handy because you can
carry them around the house.
If I am timing and in the kitchen I use my microwave timer too.

this the pair i use as well. my wind up is magnetic and i keep on fridge. i take from room to room so i don't forget and so i can hear it. use the one on micro when windup is in use. and usually for short periods of time, see cookies.

Since i got my lux timer from ebay it has been sitting at my desk right next to my monitor. This past friday i purchased a polder timer/thermometer to use instead of the lux timer.

The old Robertshaw Lux was made in the USA and screwed together so that it could be disassembled for cleaning and lubrication and rang like an alarm clock. Later models were assembled in Mexico, were crimped together and sound one ding when time's up; now they're made in China, haven't taken one apart, but it's a lot lighter than previous models and rings sort-of like an alarm clock.
Did Julio ever say what problem he has with his Ebay purchased Lux?

The timer works but if you turn the knob a certain way. I'm using it more for display right now by my computer. I did get my polder timer/thermometer in the mail today.

Like many others I use either the timer on the Microwave or the one on my Samsung electric range. The best thing about the one on the range is that it is fairly loud and it keeps beeping continuously until you turn it off.... it definitely doesn't like to be ignored. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom