I just thought of a brilliant idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what is expanded metal?

IMG_0117.jpg

We had some rain yesterday so I worked on the project under our covered patio.

Almost done, more pics...

Attachments

• BBQ.table.6.JPG
    BBQ.table.6.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 132
  • BBQ.table.10.JPG
    BBQ.table.10.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 125
And a successful even was had by all!!! Wish I had been there with you. The food must have been done to perfection. Not an empty plate to be seen. Congratulations for a job well done.

Thanks!

Some observations from last night's test run:

It was a calm night so the little smoke we had was never a problem. The cuts of meat I used last night were not marinated so they did not produce as much smoke. We used a dipping sauce.
The bronze paint on the collar held up well, although it got a little tacky initially, it seemed well baked and cured by morning.
It was a cool evening and we were in shorts. The heat from the bottom of the grill kept our legs nice and warm. This may be a problem on warmer nights. I might rig up some kind of a heat shield or experiment by placing an oversized steel bowl beneath the SJ.
There was not a hint of heat transfer to the table. (except for only a 1-inch perimeter around the grill which only got warm to the touch)

img_1510260_0_8fe29db296eaf2380a583a1b4e97c9ae.jpg

:clap:Yet another great job RF!!

I wish you'd dig out all the project pictures of your many cooking masterpieces for your yard, starting with that fabulous pizza oven you made many years ago!! I know the new folks here would love to see them. ;)

Very cool!
The table is much larger than I pictured it.

I guess you'll really have to have manners and ask for things to be passed around rather than have a boarding house reach.

I wonder if there's room to put some kind of ring shaped turntable around the grill?

Thanks for the comments and the safety concerns.

A patio table like that, by design, is somewhat wobbly. I wish it had legs mounted near the outer perimeter of the table which can eliminate a lot of safety issues by making it more stable and pretty much rock solid, and no chance of a tip over, should someone lean their weight on the edge of the table. Having said that, I intend to build a simple four-legged, square table frame where this tabletop can be placed on. I will get rid of the stock decorative legs.

With 4 people gathered at the table passing dishes around to one another can be a bit of a hassle, but this is also true at most any Korean BBQ restaurants if you have a bunch of people sitting around the grill. Having only 2 people at the table would be most ideal.

Thanks for the comments and the safety concerns.

A patio table like that, by design, is somewhat wobbly. I wish it had legs mounted near the outer perimeter of the table which can eliminate a lot of safety issues by making it more stable and pretty much rock solid, and no chance of a tip over, should someone lean their weight on the edge of the table. Having said that, I intend to build a simple four-legged, square table frame where this tabletop can be placed on. I will get rid of the stock decorative legs.

With 4 people gathered at the table passing dishes around to one another can be a bit of a hassle, but this is also true at most any Korean BBQ restaurants if you have a bunch of people sitting around the grill. Having only 2 people at the table would be most ideal.

Excellent safety idea...

I believe that with more stability built in, you could make that setup into a profitable side business. Nice job. That's quite a skill you have.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom