What Is Your Favorite Dessert Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What is your favorite desert pie, and with what crust? Here's mine:

Standard Crust is flour, fat, salt

1. Apple Pie made with Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples, with caramel dots, and a lattice crust on top
2. Key Lime Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
3. Strawberry/rhubarb with Graham Cracker Crust
4. Pear Pie with standard crust on top and bottom
5. Strawberry Pie in standard bottom crust - Whole strawberries with strawberry glaze
6. Blueberry Pie i standard crust with Dutch Apple top crust
7.Pumpkin, or carrot Pie in sstandard crust
8. Lemon Meringue in standard crust
9. Cream Pies of any kind in Graham Cracker Crust
10. Peach Oue un standard crust

That's my top 10

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

There is a place out east ( in farm country) that sells Cherry Cream Pie. Its like one inch of cherry filling piled on top of 1 inch of a cream filling. I bought it cause I had never tried it before. We all had a slice, and it was incredible. I figured Id have another slice before I went to bed, but my wife and daughter beat me to it and finished up the rest of the pie themselves. haven't had it since, cause I know I could polish off a whole pie on my own.

Anyone ever have cinnamon and sugar pie?

Lol, Dad would make usual pies, Apple, peach, rhubarb. If he had left over dough he'd put it in the empty banquet pot pie tins. Throw in sugar and cinnamon and bake it off. It wasn't much of a pie but a childhood memory of something tasty.

Wish I watched him closer on his crust recipe. Seemed everywhere he took a pie, people complimented him on it.

Anyone ever have cinnamon and sugar pie?

Lol, Dad would make usual pies, Apple, peach, rhubarb. If he had left over dough he'd put it in the empty banquet pot pie tins. Throw in sugar and cinnamon and bake it off. It wasn't much of a pie but a childhood memory of something tasty.

Wish I watched him closer on his crust recipe. Seemed everywhere he took a pie, people complimented him on it.

Go to my blog link at the bottom of my posts. I give a tutorial with pictures for how to get the perfect, flaky pie crust. You will get compliments then, too. I don't get paid for anything on my blog. It's simply a way I can share recipes and techniques with others. It's free. I hope I'm no breaking any rules telling you this. If so, the ops will soon delete this post.:)

Seeeeeyal Chief Longwind of the North

I agree with Scott on the Dutch Apple. But a lattice crust cherry pie is a close runner-up.

I live just 8 miles east of the Apple Hill orchards and am quite spoiled when it comes to apples, cider, pies, etc,

Apple
Cherry
Strawberry/rhubarb
NY Style Cheesecake
Lemon Meringue
Pumpkin

My first choice is apple, followed by French apple, then cherry, and finally peach. I buy all my pies from a Marie Callender restaurant and bakery. I have never found a better pie.

Does anyone know the difference between a Dutch apple pie and a French apple pie? It is a very subtle difference.

My first choice is apple, followed by French apple, then cherry, and finally peach. I buy all my pies from a Marie Callender restaurant and bakery. I have never found a better pie.

As a former Carlsbad resident, I can help you find one of the best apple pies in the world... the Julian Pie Company. Sure, it is a bit of a drive depending on where in SD you live, but oh... so... worth it!

Glad we don't have to choose Just One. In no particular order:

Blueberry,
rhubarb
Banana cream, even better with toasted coconut on top of whipped cream
Lemon meringue
strawberry
pumpkin,
Key lime
New York style cheese cake

Only if there is ice cream:
Apple pie
Peach pie

Oh dear, Ross, you had to go and mention CHOCOLATE!!!!!! Now I can't decide which one is my favorite. Have you ever posted your recipe here?

I make this so often.. I also make the filling as just a pudding.. Love this stuff..

This is a recipe from Christina Lane of Dessert for Two.. There is a video in the link..

This is (as you will see in the link)a recipe for a 6" pie.. I use a 7" pie tin so, I add 1/4 cup of the milk.. As I'm not a fan of crumb crusts, I use a pre-made crust .. Other than that I follow Christina's directions completely..

https://www.dessertfortwo.com/chocolate-cream-pie-2/

Hope you will try it and enjoy as we do.. :)

Ross

Last edited:

Does anyone know the difference between a Dutch apple pie and a French apple pie? It is a very subtle difference.
Not positive BUT does One have a streusel topping instead of top pastry crust and the other has a white sugar glaze poured over the top pastry crust after coming out of the oven?

I make this so often.. I also make the filling as just a pudding.. Love this stuff..

This is a recipe from Christina Lane of Dessert for Two.. There is a video in the link..

This is (as you will see in the link)a recipe for a 6" pie.. I use a 7" pie tin so, I add 1/4 cup of the milk.. As I'm not a fan of crumb crusts, I use a pre-made crust .. Other than that I follow Christina's directions completely..

https://www.dessertfortwo.com/chocolate-cream-pie-2/

Hope you will try it and enjoy as we do.. :)

Ross

Ross, thank you soo much. Luckily I have 2 6" pie plates. Printed out and will let you know when we make it. Thanks again!!!!!

Not positive BUT does One have a streusel topping instead of top pastry crust and the other has a white sugar glaze poured over the top pastry crust after coming out of the oven?

No, they both have a crumb topping, but the French apple pie has nuts in the topping and the Dutch apple doesn't. It took me a LOT of researching to find that out!

Back
Top Bottom