Saturday's Dining Experience 1/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tavern Ham & Cheese Roll-Ups with Horseradish Sauce, Grilled Squash with Bacon Bits , Roasted Baby Yukons, Tomato Salad.......

Ham & Cheese Roll-ups.jpg

Char siu on bao with sriracha and hoisin, plus pickled cucumber matchsticks, with a side of carrot and radish slaw.

Attachments

• 2021-01-09 18.02.11.jpg
    2021-01-09 18.02.11.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 45
I made a half rack oven baked bbq sauced spare ribs, we shared one twice baked potato, baked beans, also sauced with bbq sauce, marinated cucumber slices. football. .

Uh, Char Siu Bao, I'll take some of that!

I made a big ole pot of Loaded Potato Soup and shared with
the two neighbors, and I had a LARGE bowl for linner...
it was a huge hit, but not for my husband ... ya know,
that 10 year old spoiled brat, " eewww, it's creamy!"
:LOL:
It was delicious and I still have one more bowl for Moi
:yum:
I think I need to tweak the recipe one more time
for it to be perfect IMHO anyways ...

IMG_0174.jpg

For DH, I'll be making him a Club House Sandwich and
a chopped Salad, one of his favorite meals.
:chef:

SO is home from FL!!!! I made a fave of hers, chicken pie.

Attachments

• 5668B7D3-1FC2-40F6-8C21-8991474E783A_1_105_c.jpg
    5668B7D3-1FC2-40F6-8C21-8991474E783A_1_105_c.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 44
We had chicken tenders, fried shrimp and fries. It motivated us to find our spice racks so we can unpack spices. Salt and pepper has been the only seasonings we have had in a while.

Tomorrow.....gosh, I hope we use some kind of seasoning!

We did too much "adulting" this afternoon and were both pooped out. We ordered from our favourite Indian resto. There were onion bhajis, chicken pakora, chicken tikka, a lamb curry, a chicken curry, and roti. We were even too tired to fish out and nuke the already cooked brown basmati rice. That meal was a real treat.

Later, we had some chocolate pudding with whipped cream. I made the pudding yesterday. It had been my intention to make vanilla pudding for trifle, but I goofed and put the amount of sugar for chocolate pudding. By the time I noticed, I had already added milk to the sugar and I wasn't sure we had enough milk to start over. I use about eight times as much sugar for chocolate pudding as for the vanilla pudding for trifle. It would have been far too sweet. Well, the pudding was deeeelicious. We added a bit of Scotch, which went very well with the chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom