Anyone heard of this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today me and my friend David were walking out of an internet cafe, and we stopped at this little section of a couple stands with chinese food(we were in the middle of chinatown). Anyway my friend David stopped to get some "fish balls", while i headed for another little stand. What i bought there was amazing, but i dont know the name of it. The only way i can describe the shape is a kind of pastry that looked a bit like bubble wrap. I was a texture in between cake and a waffle, though it tasted a bit more like a plain cake. It tasted pretty good and was wondering if anyone knew what it was called, or maybe even had a recipe for the batter. The people who made it, ade it in these waffle iron type things, so if someone could tell where in toronto I might be able to find one, or what kind of stores these irons are sold at, it would be appreciated.

Adios.

well in direct translation ithink you were refering to what i call em in direct translation "chicken cakes" pronoucned : "ge dan gou" in chinese since they most of the batter is made out of eggs. they sell em in NYC on a little cart

lol. i dunno if you could find those skillets here cheap. my sister got one while she was in taiwan, while her friend got the same exact one in america for triple the price.

master (or do you prefer chef jr...or macj...or...) could you find a photo of one of those? They sound really interesting!

Thanks master. So they sell them in NY, cool i think im going there this summer so ill try to find them. Chicken cakes ehh? Haha didnt epect that. Not to doubt your word or anything but are there different kinds? Its just that these didnt taste anything like chicken. And also thanks alot for the information about the press thing.:)
Adios.

i just thought of something the pronouncation is "ge dan gou"

"ge dan" = chicken egg

"dan gou" = cake

chicken egg cake i presume. for "ge dan gou"

Back
Top Bottom