What's your Favorite Breath-Killer Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
The "BreathKiller" group of sandwiches are a group I created for one of my cookbooks in progress. I'm still creating the list. What are your favorites in this group?

Think spicy meats such as pepperoni, salami, Itallian Sausage, Liverwurst, onion, garlic, etc.

Also, if you would let me use them, please put that in your post. I will put your name with the sandwich. Also, try to use anything but plain white bread.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Braunsweiger sandwiches

I ate tons of braunsweiger sandwiches as a kid. Toasted dark rye bread, a slathering of mayo, a thick layer of braunsweiger, a thin layer of cottage cheese, several thick slices of red onion, and fresh black pepper. This was like the ultimate sandwich at our house. Definitely give you a 'killer' breath, but who cares - eat a mint!

Bacon,Smoked Liver Sausage, and Onion on an Onion Roll with Yellow Mustard.

Place a couple thick slices of smoked liver sausage on bottom half of roll. Add a few thin slices of red onion and place 4 slices of bacon on top of that. Slather some yellow musatard on the top half and eat with a bottle of Stout.

Bangbang said:
Bacon,Smoked Liver Sausage, and Onion on an Onion Roll with Yellow Mustard.

Place a couple thick slices of smoked liver sausage on bottom half of roll. Add a few thin slices of red onion and place 4 slices of bacon on top of that. Slather some yellow musatard on the top half and eat with a bottle of Stout.

That sounds like a very potent sandwich. I think I would use mustard with horseradish on this sandwich. Horseradish would compliment the other ingredients well. Definitely a breathkiller!

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Home made fresh grain mediteranean herb bread with fresh honey ham, sprouts, pickels, red onions, dijon musard, japanese mayonase, and more fresh honey ham. If desired add in soem hot peppers

its some type of mayonase i found in an asian market its not erally called "japanese mayonase" but i just call it that cause its mayonase from japan. It tastes a little sweeter than regular mayonase and a little thicker.

killer Sandwich

I like white bread , but it can be substituted. 2 slices white bread, mayo on both slices of bread, next good deli ham, then cheese I like Alpine Lace, MONTERARY JACK, OR PEPPER JACK. bEAT 2 EGGS, DIP sandwich in egg bath,crush potato chips. dredge sandwich in chips. Fry in butter.............................................................................................................. Delish.... Let me know what you think..........

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, SONGBIRD :P :LOL:

linda gayle; Your sandwich sounds deadly good (and for a diabetic, the deadly part is not just an adjective). But is it truly a breath Killer? I believe it is just a really great sandwich. I'll now start another topic for unique and great sandwiches. I believe yours fits in that categorie. :)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

1/2 pound ground sirloin with onion,swiss cheese,anchovies,bacon,and italian dressing.

Note....you can use anchovie paste. This is a great sandwich.

Bangbang said:
1/2 pound ground sirloin with onion,swiss cheese,anchovies,bacon,and italian dressing.Note....you can use anchovie paste. This is a great sandwich.

That sounds great without the anchovies :!: :LOL:

My favorite is grilled chicken panini with LOTS of Boursin cheese... grill strips of chicken, onions, peppers, mushrooms, set aside, slice your favorite foccacia lengthwise spread a LOT of bousin on one half, place bousin-side up on grill pan or sandwich press, layer in chicken, onions, peppers, mushrooms, a slice of your favorite cheese, and if your up to it... spread the other half of the foccacia with boursin and cover sandwich and grill... if not using a sandwich press or foreman grill... put a heavy pan on top of the sandwich as it grills... then flip when golden (if you're not cooking on something that cooks both sides

Take a good quality hoagie bun and scoop out some of the bread from the middle.....fill bun with red onion, shredded lettuce, tomato,proscuitto,hard salami,pepperjack cheese,chopped greek olives, chopped pickled beets,and Greek Dressing. I like Ya Ya's Greek Dressing.

BangBang; Your sandwich sound great. But I'm afraid I'd have to alter it. I'd remove the pickle beets, and the prosciuto, and replace them with pepperoni and capiacola. And I think I'd add some Muenster chees as sell, maybe some sliced black olives and a bit of EVOO.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

i posted this under unique sammiches, but here it is again...

my all time favorite stinky-breath sammich is called a balboa, kind of a nyc version of a philly cheese steak.

it's thick slices of warm roast beef on garlic bread, topped with melted american cheese, raw onions and ketchup...

Sorry, Goodweed - you can't limit creativity even if it does include white bread. :)

Wow - back when I was a kid ... a couple of 1/4 inch slices of onion on white bread slathered with Miracle Whip ... and a good dusting of black pepper.

Of course - my diet changed when I got to the 9th grade ... for obvious reasons ....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom