Favorite Candy - Confection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I think of candy, I am a sucker for sour. Hard sour candy, soft sour candy licorice.. it's all good. :)

Aside from that, anything fruity and vibrant.

aguynamedrobert said:
oooooo....I don't know how you do it...I hate sour things lol...my face shrivils up like the bitter beer face....you must have taste buds of steal! lol

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate

Not sour like the sour candies - fresh tangy is what I should have said - like a real lemon. Sorry bout that! But, dark chocolate and lemon together is a favorite!
If I want something quick and easy, I'll go to Trader Joe's and get their orange jelly sticks that are coated in dark chocolate. Yum!

I can't pick just one - I love all candy! At any given time you will find a bag of something in my purse - licorice, gummy bears, taffy, caramel, chocolate. I nosh on candy all day - I love it - it is a staple for me -quick and easy. The only candy I don't like is anything with coconut.

Torrone!!!!!! Especially the ones from sardinia, loaded with their own local honey and almonds!!

Chocolate covered nuts...but it has to be the highest quality chocolate, from a great choclatier. Hanna Kraus' dark chocolate comes to mind.

Second to that would be torroné. That always reminds me of 'feast'.

somehow i've never considered chocolates as candies; in my head they are 2 separate categories.

as far as chocolate goes, first choice is a fine dark chocolate in the 80% to 90% range. second choice would be a good dark truffle. and by the way, speaking of lemon and chocolate, julienes of candied lemon or orange peel dipped in dark chocolate are pretty good.

i'm not really into hard candies, nougats, caramels, or even fudge.

licorice i do like. it's pretty hard for me to get here. i've attempted several homemade versions which have been good tastewise, but off the mark texturewise. if anyone knows how to make a good licorice, please let me know.

one time i brought back about a dozen packs of neco wafers to tile the roof of a gingerbread house but by the time christmas rolled around, all but a roll or two had mysteriously dissappeared.
icon12.gif

Last edited:
Because of health reasons I have not had any chocolate for about 20 years. My favorite candy bar use to be 5th Avenue's. Another candy I miss are the soft centered chocolates from our local candy store.
There are still lots of candies I can eat, but there is nothing like CHOCOLATE. I would love to have a hot fudge sunday right now.:wub:

aguynamedrobert said:
I tried making liqourice myself as well but only tried once and lost interest...but what I did find out is that there is flour mixed into the candy mixture to achieve the texture...at least in most...

Robert
Chocolate Guild :: learn about chocolate, talk about chocolate

yeah, i've always used flour but i've also tried: flour & sugar at soft ball stage, flour & gelatin, flour & kanten (a gelatin-like stuff derived from seaweed). still can't get the texture right.

urmaniac13 said:
Torrone!!!!!! Especially the ones from sardinia, loaded with their own local honey and almonds!!

I hope you saw my post to you on another thread about Torrone.Before I had even seen it in the Chocolate Shop I had wandered into I was thinking of you and lo and behold there was that beautiful,gold box with that marvelous confection!!!!I thought about you everytime I took a piece from the candy dish too!!:) I hope you were able to enjoy some yourself this Christmas season!!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom