I need professional computer help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Okay, at work, my computer shares a 3 in 1 with another computer. We don't use he fax, ut, we use the printer and scanner. Here's the problem. We shared, but, my computer cannot scan. It copies just fine, but, the scanner doesn't show anywhere in my computer. When I go to the other computer and find the scanner part of the printer, it won't let me share. Did we do something wrong? When I try to add and go into that computer faxes, it won't let me either. Any help woul be GREATLY appreciated!!:wacko:

Have you tried going Control Panel > Add Hardware? Follow the prompts and then scroll through the list. If you don't see it, choose "add new hardware" from the bottom of the list and then follow the prompts.

(how are the computers connected to the printer?)

Yes, I have tried control panel, I tried installing the cd, but, it says there is a firewall blocking and there isn't
The printer is connected to computer 2, which is shared to computer1. Printer works great, but, computer 1 doesn't detect Twain at all.

No firewall?

??

XP and later came with firewalls, and you'll need logged in as Administrator to change anything.

No, I turned off the firewall to get this to go through. I do have admin rights. It just won't work.

Back
Top Bottom