!!Help, please-no Audio!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
Keeping in mind I've only had a computer since the beginning of March, I am desperate for help.
About a week ago I did an off schedule disc cleanup and defragment because I was told maybe that was why my computer seemed to slow down a bit. I don't know what else I did, but since then I have no sound. When I try to watch/listen to news clips of Fancast - nothing.
What to do, what to do??? And again, if you are brilliant enough to know the answer, keep in mind, I am not

Thank you all

Click on START
Go to Settings
Click on Control Panel
Clock on Sound and...
There should be a window where you can adjust the sound. Look for a check box labeled MUTE and click it off. If it is already off, look for a volume slide and increase the volume.

Depending on your operating system (XP, Vista, etc) these steps may be slightly different

I doubt your problem is so simple.......
but yesterday I noticed I had no sound on my new laptop. I checked the speaker and Mute was checked. I remember accidently bringing up the volume setting the day before and must have clicked on mute when I closed the window out. Stupid touch pad.

I told you I didn't know what I was doing, right?
well I took Andy M's advise. I hit START, then guess what - no SETTING. Oh what to do, what to do.
Well I clicked on HELP and SUPPORT and that lists a bunch of stuff - so I clicked SOUND. AND THERE IT WAS!!!!!
It told me, DUH, DUH, DUH, there's a button on the top right keyboard to hit - I did - and IT WORKS NOW. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

When I grow up, I don't want to be a dinosaur!!!

Thank you Andy - I must have inadvertantly hit it or leaned on it, didn't know it and figured it was something I did internally last week.

Each day I learn alittle more, with a little help from my friends!!

And thank you, Pacanis. It's Windows Vista.
It's what I did with my tax refund this year. I've waited so many years and always found more pressing needs for the refund. But this year I said, " D~mn it, I'm gonna do it." There are no local classes, but the local library has helped alittle, but not the same computer, and they are volunteers.... and to read - I fall asleep with terms that might as well be Greek.

:LOL: I guess your problem was that simple. Cool. Glad it was nothing major.

Quicksilver, I had the same type of problem about a year ago with my laptop. My wireless connection wasn't working. Took it in to have it fixed, and the tech pushed the button on the top right of the keyboard. Cat had stepped on it, turning it off. Ooops. He didn't charge me anything.

Back
Top Bottom