Crock-Pot/Slow Cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuardianAngel

Assistant Cook
My oven is broken until someone can come fix it next week. So I'm thinking about getting a crock pot.. I've always wanted one so now I have an excuse :chef:
I am interested in the Set N Forget by Hamilton Beach, I almost got the Stay and Go by Hamilton Beach, but want to actually have some input about them.. I'm not totally set on those I just want one that is reliable and that can be turned on while I'm at work without causing a fire or burning/overcooking my food. Any help or advice is appreciated :)

Buy a name brand, Rival, Hamilton Beach, etc. DO NOT buy an off-brand. I did, though I'd save some $. I had it on for a few hours, whne to check it and brushed the sided of it and it was VERY VERY HOT to the touch. I got rid of that thing the next day. I have had my Rival for over 10 years now and it still works great. Glad I didn't toss it when I bought that newer bigger one. :)

My only input is; I have one that sits on the base/heating element and if I had to get one again, it would be the same style... if they still make them. I like being able to take the food right over to the table in the pot and set it down on a towel. When it cools off I will put plastic wrap over the pot, put the lid back on to make a seal, and stick it in the fridge. Then it can come from the fridge right back onto the heating plate when you are ready for leftovers. I find this style of slow cooker pretty handy. It is the low oblong style.

BTW... they make electric pressure cookers now that can double as slow cookers. They come with a different lid.... just a thought :)

Back
Top Bottom