What's the lunch wagon bringin' II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be out doing errands at lunch time. I'll grab and apple and a milk or something at Safeway until I get home and then have some peppers and tomatoes.

leftover arroz con pollo and 4 diet cokes. i'm so thirsty.
ugh, i'm glowing like a pig. i'm disassembling a 15 year old ups, consisting of 30 full sized car batteries all wired together. not only are they heavy, but you gotta be careful not to get electrocuted. i love working with nice drop forged chromed steel tools inside a high power cabinet.
if i'm not here later, you'll know why.
heya damp, i could use some of your expertise with power lines... :D

i just had half a chicken salad sandwich from the hosp. coffee shop. toooooo much mayo.

Well since I have an abundance of produce and other goodies........went balistic at the store yesterday.........Never Ever go there hungry.

Anyway here is what I just whipped up and devoured down........it was so good!

I drizzled some EVOO in a non stick skillet and added a clove of garlic and let that go for about a minute so the oil would infuse the garlic flavor. I then added some sliced some green - red - and yellow bell peppers in strips, sliced yellow onion and some sliced button white mushrooms. I added S & P, Cumin Powder........I never smelt this before and I can't believe how much it smelt like those pkg taco mixes........love this stuff, Curry Powder.......never smelt this before either and it has a smoky flavor and I found I love it also. I let these cook till they were almost done but still had a tiny bit of bite left to them.
I then put a tortilla shell in a cast iron skillet that I smeared with just a hint of EVOO..........I then topped that with some freshly shredded colby and mozarella cheese and then added the pepper combination from the other skillet. Topped it all with another tortilla shell and took a smaller cast iron skillet and put that on top to press the thing down......it only took about a minute on each side to brown. Cut them into 4's and served them with some sour cream, salsa and sliced green onions. I'm hooked no more taco bell for me.......I'm making my own!!! :D Next time I'll add some chicken or thinly sliced beef.

SizzlininIN said:
Well since I have an abundance of produce and other goodies........went balistic at the store yesterday.........Never Ever go there hungry.

Anyway here is what I just whipped up and devoured down........it was so good!

I drizzled some EVOO in a non stick skillet and added a clove of garlic and let that go for about a minute so the oil would infuse the garlic flavor. I then added some sliced some green - red - and yellow bell peppers in strips, sliced yellow onion and some sliced button white mushrooms. I added S & P, Cumin Powder........I never smelt this before and I can't believe how much it smelt like those pkg taco mixes........love this stuff, Curry Powder.......never smelt this before either and it has a smoky flavor and I found I love it also. I let these cook till they were almost done but still had a tiny bit of bite left to them.
I then put a tortilla shell in a cast iron skillet that I smeared with just a hint of EVOO..........I then topped that with some freshly shredded colby and mozarella cheese and then added the pepper combination from the other skillet. Topped it all with another tortilla shell and took a smaller cast iron skillet and put that on top to press the thing down......it only took about a minute on each side to brown. Cut them into 4's and served them with some sour cream, salsa and sliced green onions. I'm hooked no more taco bell for me.......I'm making my own!!! :D Next time I'll add some chicken or thinly sliced beef.

wonderful!!!!!! I have almost all these ingreds. Might just have to make some for dinner. We're doing the no carb thing.. well at least we're trying to cut down so I'll skip the tortillas..but, I'm sure we'll love it just on the plate. THANKS :!:

Lunch will be left over chicken
stir fry. It turned out pretty good
even though I used a bottled sauce. :D

I decided to give sushi a try but I wasn't adverturious enough to try anythng raw today, maybe next time. I had a California roll from a little sushi place that I have been wanting to go to. It was really good! The wasabi caught me a little off guard with the first bite but after the 5 second sinus burning sensation went away I really liked it. The pickled ginger on the other hand took some getting used to. I'm still not sure if I like it or not.

Good for you, Crewsk! I still haven't been brave enough to try it yet. I need to find someone to go with who knows where to go and what to get. I decided that I wasn't hungry for what I brought for lunch today so I ended up getting an Italian sub when I was out running errands.

Thanks PA! I got it to-go because I knew there was nothing there the kids would eat, but I did get them to try it when we got home. TC loved the wasabi! Savannah didn't like any of it though. If I ever get the chance to go with someone who knows more about sushi than I do I'm sure I'd be more willing to try other stuff.

i'm planning on areally late lunch. i want special K with fresh nectarines and strawberries but think i'll end up having either instant cream of wheat(not sure which flavor) or instant strawberries 'n cream oatmeal with lots of milk or cream.

Back
Top Bottom