Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What's the lunch wagon bringin' II (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-the-lunch-wagon-bringin-ii-5732.html)

SizzlininIN 09-08-2005 02:21 PM

Special K with Berries and a a few handfuls of grapes.....+ water. Ummmmm..........small sacrafice for the Italian Beef Sandwich and Ranch Bacon Pasta Salad I'll be having for supper.....will def. be walking an extra mile tonight :smile:

Bangbang 09-08-2005 02:29 PM

Fried Turkey Ham with Tomatoes and Horseradish Sauce on Wheat Toast.

pdswife 09-08-2005 04:33 PM

I'm eating a pear and a cup of strawberry yogurt.

kadesma 09-08-2005 04:38 PM

I fajita sized flour tortilla topped with melted pepper jack cheese, a peach and iced tea..

kadesma:smile:

pdswife 09-08-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadesma
I fajita sized flour tortilla topped with melted pepper jack cheese, a peach and iced tea..

kadesma:smile:

That sounds really good. Easy and fix to fix too!:smile::smile:

kadesma 09-08-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdswife
That sounds really good. Easy and fix to fix too!:smile::smile:

it was easy, and fast, we were busy at the pharmacy and I just nuked it and ate:lol: The peach was another story,I had that after I got home, customers kind of raise the old eyebrow, when you have peach juice running down your arms and chin:rofl: :rofl: Come tuesday, I'll will be having Marmalady's strawberry bread...I am hiding one loaf in the freezer for ME, the kids were on to me, as they spied the berries when they picked up the boys...I couldn't lie when asked YOU making that strawberry bread MOM...??? Yeesh...So, one loaf they have to split, number two is mine:lol:
kadesma

SierraCook 09-11-2005 01:56 PM

Not sure what to have for lunch today, but I am off to make it. Maybe I will have a tuna fish sandwich. Or some soup.

SizzlininIN 09-11-2005 01:59 PM

A lazy Sunday here........DH went and grabbed us Chinese (General Tso).....I like it really spicy but todays version was more mild..........:sad:

amber 09-11-2005 02:37 PM

I made very spicy boneless chicken tenders.

SierraCook 09-11-2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraCook
Not sure what to have for lunch today, but I am off to make it. Maybe I will have a tuna fish sandwich. Or some soup.

I rummaged through the freezer and found some Teriyaki chicken wings. So, that is what I ended up having for lunch. The best thing is that I have leftovers for dinner or lunch later this week. :smile:

kitchenelf 09-12-2005 12:20 PM

I'm having a panino (water-packed mozzarella, a basil oil that I made, fresh basil leaves, roasted red pepper and grilled portabella on ciabbata that I made LAST Tuesday and kept in a food saver bag - tastes like I just made it!!! It's hitting the spot too!

pdswife 09-12-2005 12:22 PM

I'm not sure.. still drinking my morning tea. I really have to get my day started
but, Tan is keeping me busy answering her posts.... dang and I so much want to go do
the ironing!

sinistr 09-13-2005 09:57 AM

mediterranean chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread with some dijon

luvs 09-13-2005 12:03 PM

i'm thinking a tomato or a scallion with kosher salt and pepper and some crusty bread and a beer.

PA Baker 09-13-2005 01:58 PM

I made a wonderful sandwich on a crusty roll with fresh mozarella, a garden tomato, fresh basil, kosher salt, cracked pepper and some evoo. It was so good I could have had two but I was out of rolls! :rofl: :pig:

pdswife 09-13-2005 03:38 PM

I took a piece of turkey lunch meat... cut up some onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and swiss cheese and topped it with another piece of meat and then microwaved until the cheese melted. Not the grilled cheese sandwich I was thinking about but good enough for now.:smile::smile::smile:

SizzlininIN 09-13-2005 03:42 PM

My girlfriend called me up and I met her for lunch where she works. I couldn't believe it 10.00 for the buffet. And I only ate a salad, chicken breast, some chicken noodles and a glass of lemonade. So lunch plus tip set me back $12.00. Next time I'm asking for a menu and not having what she's having. So now it'll be special k cereal for supper for me and Chicken and Rice for the family.

SierraCook 09-13-2005 11:30 PM

Soba noodles drizzled with a little sesame oil and sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds.

SizzlininIN 09-15-2005 12:16 PM

I made myself a Lettuce Wrap with Tuna Salad....I doctored up my salad up by added some different ingredients that I normally don't include (lemon juice and a little jalapeno)....to punch up the flavor. On the side I cut up a fresh garden tomato and added some Cottage Cheese with freshly ground black pepper. It was soooooooooo yummy!!!! I'd say that was a pretty healthy meal........and I have to admit it satisfied all my taste buds and really filled me up.

pdswife 09-15-2005 12:18 PM

Way too early for lunch but, I'll be
having a yogurt. Strawberry, fat free.