Pecan Shortbread Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour.
1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cream the butter. Beat in the sugar. Add salt. Stir in pecans. Add flour (one cup at a time) mixing well after each addition. Place on a floured board and pat or roll to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into rounds or squares about 2-3 inches. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes about 2 dozen

Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour.
1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cream the butter. Beat in the sugar. Add salt. Stir in pecans. Add flour (one cup at a time) mixing well after each addition. Place on a floured board and pat or roll to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into rounds or squares about 2-3 inches. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes about 2 dozen

Okay we can do it, but not until I go shopping. I don't have butter or enough flour for now, but I'll try to keep the pecans on hand.

I don't know when the next shopping trip will be. They hand out the monthly schedule on the first.

It'll be our project. Should we start a thread?

I love pecan sandies.

YUM! This is my basic shortbread recipe too! Except we put chocolate chips in domino shapes on it. No pecans allowed in our house til the allergic one moves out.

Okay we can do it, but not until I go shopping. I don't have butter or enough flour for now, but I'll try to keep the pecans on hand.

I don't know when the next shopping trip will be. They hand out the monthly schedule on the first.

It'll be our project. Should we start a thread?

I love pecan sandies.

This is the thread my sweet Z! Let's have fun!

We can adapt it to anything you like. If we want to add flavorings or other nuts or fruits, we can do it.

YUM! This is my basic shortbread recipe too! Except we put chocolate chips in domino shapes on it. No pecans allowed in our house til the allergic one moves out.

Yummy...I have some Andes mints...they would be good baked into the shortbread.

Poor allergic people, they miss out on a lot!:(

This is the thread my sweet Z! Let's have fun!

We can adapt it to anything you like. If we want to add flavorings or other nuts or fruits, we can do it.

I'm in. First I want better than store bought pecan sandies. First things first. I love the ideas of fruits and nuts. Keep those ideas coming.

I'm in. First I want better than store bought pecan sandies. First things first. I love the ideas of fruits and nuts. Keep those ideas coming.

Good thing you like the idea of nuts....:ROFLMAO::wacko:

I think you could do any kind of nut you like. How about a pistachio cookie? Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts...mixed nuts.

I would like to try dried cranberries...yum! Need something good to offset the butter!:LOL:

Shortbread and pecan nuts are two of my favourite sweet treats. I will be doing this recipe. Thank you! :)

I copied and pasted this recipe back in December and promptly forgot about it. Thanks for reviving it so I can make this recipe!

Back
Top Bottom