Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What's for Dinner Tuesday the 11th? (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-for-dinner-tuesday-the-11th-69547.html)

Andy M. 01-11-2011 10:06 AM

What's for Dinner Tuesday the 11th?
 
I'm making a meatloaf from an Armenian recipe using a beef lamb mixture, tomato and seasonings. This mixture is primarily made into kebabs and grilled. I usually make it into burgers. I decided to make a meatloaf out of it this time. We''l see how well it translates.

Baked potato and a salad will complete the meal.

Zhizara 01-11-2011 10:11 AM

I'm making Tamale Meatloaf: 1-1/4# hamburger, 1/3# ground sausage, 1/4 Chroizo, taco seasoning and chili powder with cornbread as filler.

PrincessFiona60 01-11-2011 10:13 AM

White bean and chicken chili.

msmofet 01-11-2011 10:26 AM

When I make enchiladas I split it in 2. We can only eat 1 enchilada at a time because they are so filling. LOL So it is always a replay. Tonight family will have replay enchiladas and I may have chicken broth with carrots, celery, onions and rice.

AnnieDrews 01-11-2011 10:55 AM

I have no idea! We will either go out to supper or I could make pizza breads and have the rest of the fruit salad....will report back later!

pigskins 01-11-2011 11:13 AM

Still have some Mexican shredded pork in the freezer from a big cook awhile ago, will heat it up with some Penzey's Rojo seasoning, green chilis, other spices, and have pork tacos and Spanish rice.

joesfolk 01-11-2011 11:25 AM

It must be meatloaf night. Not feeling well and the only thing that sounds good is meatloaf. Mine is made with beef and venison and a hint of nutmeg along with the other usual suspects. Probably will have mashed potatoes and broccoli. Wheat rolls are already made.

LPBeier 01-11-2011 11:38 AM

It is just Dad and I tonight and both of us are not eating much lately so I was thinking about putting on a pot of soup. It will be chicken or beef, not quite sure yet.

LPBeier 01-11-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 958189)
I'm making a meatloaf from an Armenian recipe using a beef lamb mixture, tomato and seasonings. This mixture is primarily made into kebabs and grilled. I usually make it into burgers. I decided to make a meatloaf out of it this time. We''l see how well it translates.

Baked potato and a salad will complete the meal.

That sounds good Andy! Over the holidays I wanted to make tourtiere but DH can't have the pastry and I have experimented with gluten free pastries but they get too soggy from the meat. So, I experimented with turning it into a meatloaf. It was a little dry, but I think I know what to do for next time. The taste was really authentic though, we all loved it.

Let me know how yours turns out.

Andy M. 01-11-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 958217)
That sounds good Andy! Over the holidays I wanted to make tourtiere but DH can't have the pastry and I have experimented with gluten free pastries but they get too soggy from the meat. So, I experimented with turning it into a meatloaf. It was a little dry, but I think I know what to do for next time. The taste was really authentic though, we all loved it.

Let me know how yours turns out.


Hi LP, it'll be interesting. Moisture isn't an issue with this mix. I have to add bread crumbs for the burgers.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

msmofet 01-11-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 958217)
That sounds good Andy! Over the holidays I wanted to make tourtiere but DH can't have the pastry and I have experimented with gluten free pastries but they get too soggy from the meat. So, I experimented with turning it into a meatloaf. It was a little dry, but I think I know what to do for next time. The taste was really authentic though, we all loved it.

Let me know how yours turns out.

It's so nice to see you back!! I was starting to worry and was going to round up some Mounties! LOL

LPBeier 01-11-2011 12:00 PM

Thanks, Ms M. I just thought I would check in.....my sister (a civilian in the RCMP ident department) got word of the APB on me :wink:! Thanks for caring.

msmofet 01-11-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 958221)
Thanks, Ms M. I just thought I would check in.....my sister (a civilian in the RCMP ident department) got word of the APB on me :wink:! Thanks for caring.

LOL I was working up a BOLO!!

Uncle Bob 01-11-2011 01:13 PM

Red Wine.......
Swimp Creole.......
Rice....
Salad.....
French Bread.....
Chocolate Ice Cream........

msmofet 01-11-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 958196)
When I make enchiladas I split it in 2. We can only eat 1 enchilada at a time because they are so filling. LOL So it is always a replay. Tonight family will have replay enchiladas and I may have chicken broth with carrots, celery, onions and rice.

UPDATE - I think I will make family the enchilada replay and I will make a small trial run meatloaf. I want to try out a new recipe idea.

This serves 2 purposes:
1 - family can try it and still have something to eat if they don't like it and I don't have to deal with the crap!(they don't take to changes easily!! You shoulda heard the reaction to the new chili you'da thought I killed someone!! BUT they loved it the next day YIKES). I like to try new things and don't feel like having a vote or backlash..

2 - I really don't want enchiladas 2 days in a row.

Kayelle 01-11-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 958189)
I'm making a meatloaf from an Armenian recipe using a beef lamb mixture, tomato and seasonings. This mixture is primarily made into kebabs and grilled. I usually make it into burgers. I decided to make a meatloaf out of it this time. We''l see how well it translates.

Baked potato and a salad will complete the meal.

Andy, I'd love to have that recipe.......purdy please?:smile:

I think we're just doing leftovers tonight.

jabbur 01-11-2011 04:48 PM

All the talk of meatloaf makes me want to make one but alas, all my ground beef is frozen. I have some hamburger patties in the freezer so I think I may broil those, fry up some bacon and have bacon cheese burgers. Possibly do some kind of veggies.

Kayelle 01-11-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabbur (Post 958296)
All the talk of meatloaf makes me want to make one but alas, all my ground beef is frozen. I have some hamburger patties in the freezer so I think I may broil those, fry up some bacon and have bacon cheese burgers. Possibly do some kind of veggies.

Hmm, that sounds good jabbur, I may do the same.

BTW I freeze my 1 lb portions of hamburger in a baggie, and smash it flat to make a big pattie. Defrosts in no time that way to use for meatloaf, or whatever.

DaveSoMD 01-11-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPBeier (Post 958215)
It is just Dad and I tonight and both of us are not eating much lately so I was thinking about putting on a pot of soup. It will be chicken or beef, not quite sure yet.

Well hey there LP!!! Good to see you!! :smile:

We are using up the leftover meatballs and sauce. Spaghetti and meatballs for SO, meatball sub with melted cheese for me. Green salad for us both.

babetoo 01-11-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 958220)
It's so nice to see you back!! I was starting to worry and was going to round up some Mounties! LOL

ditto:wink:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.