Ricotta Cheese Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndaW

Cook
1 cup = 1 stick of REAL softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 carton = 7.5oz of FULL-FAT Ricotta Cheese
1 egg
2 TEAspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 TEAspoon of baking SODA
1/2++ teaspoon of lemon zest or lemon extract
2 cups of flour

prehead oven 350F I used 3-large cookie sheets lined w/parchment paper

mix wet ingredients first - then add dry ingredients. (a hand-held mixer works just fine) to form a sticky dough
drop by TEAspoons onto the cookie sheets

bake 12 minutes (until the edges start to turn golden---don't burn)...start watcching after 10-minutes thru the glass oven window

while still warm you may want to sprinkle flavored sugars on top (you can find these flavored sugars in the bake decorating isle of your grocery store--usually have about 6-flavors in one container)
I used cappuccino sugar, raspberry sugar, lots of powdered sugar, and left the rest plain....

I ended up with 53 splendid cookies that Hubby sure enjoyed

You couldn't know this but I luuuuuuuvvv to make cookies! Every year in November I go cookie baking crazy & bake at least 12 varieties of cookies to fill baskets for loved ones. They look forward to those & have their favorites too. I have my faves, but I love to try new recipes. When I get a chance to get back to the store I want to make these soon. I can almost smell them, mmmm, ricotta cheese, mmmmmm. Thanks for the recipe. :)

You couldn't know this but I luuuuuuuvvv to make cookies! Every year in November I go cookie baking crazy & bake at least 12 varieties of cookies to fill baskets for loved ones. They look forward to those & have their favorites too. I have my faves, but I love to try new recipes. When I get a chance to get back to the store I want to make these soon. I can almost smell them, mmmm, ricotta cheese, mmmmmm. Thanks for the recipe. :)

FluffyAngel............these will be very soft, so you must let them cool........no one will ever know its Ricotta Cheese..but be sure and use the full fat cheese.........

Timely--I threw a container of Ricotta in my grocery cart on Wednesday when I ran down to NY to get some things. I will have to try these! I think I might add some ground cardamon and use lime instead of lemon! Thanks.

Thank you for posting the Ricotta Cookie recipe ... Ricotta is one of our staples ... I like desserts made with it too, for example: Pears filled with Ricotta and Siclian Cannoli ... Though challenging to prepare ...

Have nice wkend.
Margi Cintrano.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the Ricotta Cookie recipe ... Ricotta is one of our staples ... I like desserts made with it too, for example: Pears filled with Ricotta and Siclian Cannoli ... Though challenging to prepare ...

Have nice wkend.
Margi Cintrano.

Indeed. I think that ricotta is one of the best fruit pairing cheeses when it comes to desserts. Here is some of these little 3 bite martini glasses, with lavender Ricotta Mousse, macerated berries, and local clover honey. Such a refreshing dessert.

img_1123035_0_3e716f95d577a0b88a18a2e78d176c8f.jpg

Indeed. I think that ricotta is one of the best fruit pairing cheeses when it comes to desserts. Here is some of these little 3 bite martini glasses, with lavender Ricotta Mousse, macerated berries, and local clover honey. Such a refreshing dessert.

img_1123475_0_3e716f95d577a0b88a18a2e78d176c8f.jpg

Just beautiful. What is Lavender Ricotta Mousse ? Could you post the recipe...............I am always looking for recipes using lavender

Just beautiful. What is Lavender Ricotta Mousse ? Could you post the recipe...............I am always looking for recipes using lavender

The recipe is was just kinda an on the fly type of thing, needed something lite(not in calories, but in theme)and needed it quick.

It was Ricotta, ran through the Robo Coup w/ some lavender sprigs, a dash of vanilla, local clover honey, and some 10X sugar, pushed thru a chimoise, and folded into a little fresh whipped cream for body. Into a piping bag, piped, and topped with seasonal berries(macerated in sugar, a tiny bit of brandy, and their own juices).

The recipe is was just kinda an on the fly type of thing, needed something lite(not in calories, but in theme)and needed it quick.

It was Ricotta, ran through the Robo Coup w/ some lavender sprigs, a dash of vanilla, local clover honey, and some 10X sugar, pushed thru a chimoise, and folded into a little fresh whipped cream for body. Into a piping bag, piped, and topped with seasonal berries(macerated in sugar, a tiny bit of brandy, and their own juices).
Oh, that sounds really tasty! On my list of things to try during berry season!

1 cup = 1 stick of REAL softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 carton = 7.5oz of FULL-FAT Ricotta Cheese
1 egg
2 TEAspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 TEAspoon of baking SODA
1/2++ teaspoon of lemon zest or lemon extract
2 cups of flour

prehead oven 350F I used 3-large cookie sheets lined w/parchment paper

mix wet ingredients first - then add dry ingredients. (a hand-held mixer works just fine) to form a sticky dough
drop by TEAspoons onto the cookie sheets

bake 12 minutes (until the edges start to turn golden---don't burn)...start watcching after 10-minutes thru the glass oven window

while still warm you may want to sprinkle flavored sugars on top (you can find these flavored sugars in the bake decorating isle of your grocery store--usually have about 6-flavors in one container)
I used cappuccino sugar, raspberry sugar, lots of powdered sugar, and left the rest plain....

I ended up with 53 splendid cookies that Hubby sure enjoyed
I added about 2 tsp of rose water and mint. Waiting for the first batch. The dough is very soft. I dipped a small glass in water and flattened the balls.

I found the cookies to be cake-like and very bland (even with cocoa powder-powder sugar on them). I "dressed" 12 of them with a lemon glaze (the cookies reminded me of my grandma's orange cookies). Much better with the glaze. The DH is on his way out to the farm--he eats almost everything, so we'll see what he thinks of these.

Back
Top Bottom