Full Moon Tonight - You HAVE to see it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Do not pass GO; do not collect $200.

Go directly outside and look at the full moon. It is exquisite and worth the walk outside even if you have to put on a jacket.

I love the full moon and make a point to look at it each month. That is, if the weather allows me.

Well, tonight is nothing short of perfect. The sky is crystal clear and cloudless and the moon is....WOW!

The light is everywhere and blue-white. What a wonderful sight!

Now...go outside and look up and see the beauty!!! That's an order.:rolleyes:

It's gorgeous!! :ohmy: Not a cloud in the sky, and no city lights out here. I'm sitting outside at the patio table right now with a glass of wine, playing on the computer, and watching the moon rise. :)

Ah! There it is, right outside the front door. I was looking out the wrong doors.

It's even prettier during pre-dawn hours. Spectacular view from my bedroom window as I got up this morning at 6:15, just after sunrise.
I snapped a quick photo thru the screened window.....

Attachments

• P1070614.JPG
    P1070614.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
I had a late afternoon eye appointment yesterday and had my eyes dilated. When I drove home after dark I had to wear my sunglasses for the "moonshine" through my windshield. I didn't need my night light in the bathroom with the skylight. What a beautiful moon last night!

It's even prettier during pre-dawn hours. Spectacular view from my bedroom window as I got up this morning at 6:15, just after sunrise.
I snapped a quick photo thru the screened window.....

Roadfix, I wanted to come back and say what a beautiful shot that is. I tried to get a few pics, but they didn't come out. Should have tried to catch one at daylight. :)

Roadfix, I wanted to come back and say what a beautiful shot that is. I tried to get a few pics, but they didn't come out. Should have tried to catch one at daylight. :)

Thanks, it was a point and shoot camera, and zoomed a bit. I tried about 5 different exposure settings before I got that one to come out decent.

Even though it's been several days since the moon was completely full and it's waning, every evening has been beautiful. Still the luminous blue-white light. Wow!

Deer season began here this week and the deer have been moving as evidenced by our dogs barking during the night. They can see the animals clearly in the bright light.

This has been one of the most beautiful full moons of the year.

It sure has been gorgeous the past 3 nights, hasn't it?! :ohmy: I've been enjoying it every evening. Last night it was a little cloudy here, so that bright, beautiful moon had a huge aura around it. Spectacular! :wub:

In the eighth grade we had to memorize a poem about the silver light of the moon. There was a line in it about everything looking silver in the light. I was so fascinated by that fact that I never did work on memorizing it. To this day I still look outside when there is a full moon. And that line was so true. Everything does look silvery in the full moon. :angel:

I'm into astronomy and I periodically look at the Moon through my scope, usually during the first quarter phase. Many stunning features to observe, I can sit behind the scope for a couple of hours observing....

I'm into astronomy and I periodically look at the Moon through my scope, usually during the first quarter phase. Many stunning features to observe, I can sit behind the scope for a couple of hours observing....

That's so cool, rf.

When I was a child, my Mom always said with the full moon, she saw a bear sitting on a ledge looking over a cliff, instead of "a man in the moon". I see that now too, and whenever I look at the full moon I think of her, my Mama bear.:wub:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom