28 July 2023 - mangiana!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jade Emperor

Sous Chef
Chicken Puttenesca Fettuccine 🫠
IMG_0227.jpeg

Andy, Jade, I had to look up the difference. What I got from dr. google was,
Hot - very spicy
Mild - a bit spicy
Sweet - made with basil
and they really are sweet - there is no red peppers in them at all - surprisingly very tasty! I'm munching on one cold as we speak I type.

Yesterday I made some gazpacho, shortly after that melon smoothie. Only took about an hour and a half, much of that was cleaning the tomatoes I had harvested the last couple of days. As always, I filled the Vitamix with just tomatoes, the first time, blended it briefly, with a generous tb of chia seeds, and let it sit to gel, while I trimmed and cut the rest of the things up - 2 cukes, a large bell pepper, one large clove of garlic, a medium sized shallot, and about half as many tomatoes. Then I finish blending the tomatoes, and the chia seeds thicken it just about right. I then blend the second batch of veggies up, with another tb of chia seeds, and let it sit, while I dice up some cukes, a large bell, and some more tomatoes, and put those pint containers in the fridge. Then I finish blending the second batch, until the chia seeds are totally ground up, then I add an oz of sherry wine vinegar, then, with the VM running on high, slowly add 2 oz of olive oil to the veggies, and it will emulsify. Then I mix the 2 together, and chill a few hours, before serving with those diced vegetables, and some croutons.
About 40 oz of tomatoes, and some chia seeds, for the first batch. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The second batch to mix in has 20 oz more tomatoes, and the cukes, pepper, shallot, garlic, and olive oil. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished gazpacho, ready to chill. Not bright red, due to the green bell, and cukes, but still delicious! by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The only heat from making this is from the motor on the Vitamix!

Finished Gazpacho. Had this again this morning, for breakfast!
The gazpacho, before adding the croutons. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I made a loaf of focaccia yesterday - turned the kitchen ceiling fan to high and the air conditioner to 78F first 😁 After DH's golf game in sweltering heat, we had a cool dinner of focaccia with Italian meats and cheeses, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and homemade mustard. Freshly made peach cobbler for dessert.
20230728_204803.jpg

We stopped at a small resto in South Glengarry, Ontario on the way to Cornwall and picked up some supper. We have picked up food there before. DH and his brother shared a pizza, whatever kind is the house special. I got a submarine sandwich. I believe it was called a Glengarry Special. It has several kinds of meat that are chopped up and sautéed, some lettuce, the obligatory house special sauce, and usually tomato, but I get it without. There's probably some other stuff, but I'm not sure what. I have had it before, so I knew it would be good. The pizza looks very good, but there is a bunch of tomato sauce, so not for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom