4/28/18-National Smell Day -- What smells good at your house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
Held on the last Saturday in April, National Sense of Smell Day is an annual observation sponsored by the Sense of Smell Institute.

Hickory smoke smells good at my house.

CD

Attachments

• Ribs001.jpg
    Ribs001.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 144
I fixed a breakfast for lupper, so I got to smell the Parisian herb blend on my eggs and Ohio maple syrup on my waffles. I didn't bother sniffing Himself's plate. :mrgreen: We also had breakfast sausage links. Tasty treats. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180428_171555.jpg
    20180428_171555.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 135
Vegetable curry, smells delicious. Son came downstairs to sniff it and say, 'it smells like curry!' He loves it.

We cleared put the fridge after months of steady working and ignoring it. So, I gotta say the fridge. We'll, it smells better anyway.

Tonight though, I'm doing instant pot pulled pork, so I have a feeling that will smell really good.

I fixed a breakfast for lupper, so I got to smell the Parisian herb blend on my eggs and Ohio maple syrup on my waffles. I didn't bother sniffing Himself's plate. :mrgreen: We also had breakfast sausage links. Tasty treats. :yum:

Oh my that looks good!

We cleared put the fridge after months of steady working and ignoring it. So, I gotta say the fridge. We'll, it smells better anyway.

Tonight though, I'm doing instant pot pulled pork, so I have a feeling that will smell really good.
I’ve made IP Carnitas several times. It turns out so good in a short time. Shreds so nicely.

Something hit me like a ton of bricks while I was out grocery shopping. I barely got home in time. I only got half my shopping done.

I’m having some saltines and if that sits well maybe some pastina. Or maybe broth and tea.

Last edited:
No idea, right now I smell like composted manure...after a shower I might think about food.

Maybe some pork green chili...later.

Oh dear. Feel better soon MsM!

I threw together what we had in the fridge and ended up with a little egg casserole with turkey and chives.

Taste and smell are interrelated, so the ability to detect smells (and not that we smell) is important to us on DC. Some people are built backwards - their noses run and their feet smell.

Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner, along with some of their friends and their kids. I was drafted for grill duty, which was marinated chicken breasts, burgers, Italian sausages, and hot dogs. Daughter made a pasta salad for the side.

Today is also Pay It Forward Day, so I've been going through all of the closets and drawers. I made a trip over to the Non-Profit place up the road a piece that helps Women and Children.

Then, I remembered, DANG!!
DINNER!!

I did a quick defrost of some B/S Chicken Thighs and I'll make some Cacciatore served over MY favorite pasta, Orecchiette :yum:

That should smell good

Craig and I had takeout pizza from a coal fired oven place. I went to visit DD and DGDs today and took stuff for cheese fondue and chocolate fondue courses for lunch. DD and I pigged. The girls made hogs of themselves, especially the chocolate. We all had a nap after lunch.

We had our favorite all time "perfect dinner" tonight....

Bacon wrapped thick Fillet Mignon, pan fried to rare perfection
Loaded crisp skinned baked potatoes
Oven roasted olive oil and seasoned fresh asparagus

For us..it's the perfect simple dinner.

Last edited:
We had grilled pork chops, macaroni and cheese and fresh asparagus - a mini ice cream sandwich for dessert. coffee

The kids are still in paint mode so, fresh paint is the dominate smell here..

Because they didn't want to be slowed down by cooking and dining, I made a salad and served that with Aldi's pizza.. Wasn't at all bad and made clean up simple..

Oh... I don't paint.. That's for the young folk... ;)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom