A "somewhat newbie"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musiclvr56

Assistant Cook
I have been a member, although not active, but don't believe I have ever introduced myself. My mother wasn't much of a cook so I had noone to learn from. I've been making simple things, but am working on progressing. I usually have lots of questions when I am trying something I've never done before. I do have a good sense of humor-tried cutting sweet potatoes into fries-could have been on Home's Funniest Videos. I have a difficult time following instructions on the internet-never have been but guessing I have become direction illiterate! I learned that you can watch videos on slow speed! I look forward to reading posts and asking questions on this forum.

If I'm not sure which category to post a question on or have any other similar questions, who can I ask? Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to DC.

We have a forum to cover most topics. Pick the one you think fits best. It's not a capital crime if you guess wrong.

I have been a member, although not active, but don't believe I have ever introduced myself. My mother wasn't much of a cook so I had noone to learn from. I've been making simple things, but am working on progressing. I usually have lots of questions when I am trying something I've never done before. I do have a good sense of humor-tried cutting sweet potatoes into fries-could have been on Home's Funniest Videos. I have a difficult time following instructions on the internet-never have been but guessing I have become direction illiterate! I learned that you can watch videos on slow speed! I look forward to reading posts and asking questions on this forum.

If I'm not sure which category to post a question on or have any other similar questions, who can I ask? Thanks!

Its better to watch videos on youtube, see it done, then you will understand the recipe better.

Glad to see your post, musiclvr56. Hope to see more of them. I'm not an expert at anything but if you post a question about which I have relevant experience I'll happily share it.

Well if sweet potatoes don't like you that is fine with me. I have no use for them. Someone told me in Poland they feed them to the hogs.

Now regular potatoes, for fries cut them up and then soak them in salt water for an hour.

Most people who have trouble cutting don't know to cut it in half first. Then you got a flat surface. Makes it much easier.

T

Back
Top Bottom