Are you a guy or a girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wan

Cook
I don't know how to make a poll, can someone show me how please?

Basically I want to conduct an informal survey to see the gender of members here. I think it'd be interesting.

Male, for which I am truly thankful. Being married taught me how much of a PITA bras are, for example: finding a fit that's just right isn't easy, they're uncomfortable, they make a woman sweat in a most unflattering way, and they've been historically designed for looks, as opposed to comfort.

Then there's the monthly...um, thing, and the getting paid less thing, and the condescension. And the religious stuff, too. Yes, thank whatever deity or fortune is responsible: I'm a guy, and I appreciate it.

Guy is a problematic term. It is used either to mean a person of any gender, e.g., hey guys. Or it can mean males. Girl is a term for an immature female human. I do not fit in either category. I only fit in the category of "guy" as used to mean a human of any gender.

Wan, don't forget to include 'bisexual' in your poll.

Include me in both; as for 6 months I am one and 6 months t'other.

I'm a female. For a lot of unimportant reasons, I contribute to a social forum (not this one) under a man's name (my husband's name) for many years. In case anyone is interested, a man is treated with more respect than women in general across most countries and in different interest areas. Both males and females do this.

I know it does not matter and I too, have often wondered, just out of curiosity as well. But I will not ever ask, allude, or in any way, question a member on a private status.
Plus Wan, you will never get a definitive answer. There are more than 50,000 registered members. Of course, at any one time, there could be up to 10 or more members on line and on a daily basis over the period of a month 8 of them will be regulars and 2 just sometime visitors or perhaps 1 time posters looking for a specific answer. The shift in attending regulars comes and goes as well.

Also, IMHO more importantly, I find it a little on the invasive side. As innocent as it seems (now). ;) :flowers:

Wan, don't forget to include 'bisexual' in your poll.

Include me in both; as for 6 months I am one and 6 months t'other.
Um, "bisexual" is not a gender. It's a sexual orientation and we usually consider that even more personal. Maybe the term you wanted was "non-binary" or "gender fluid"?

non-binary sounds like a computer - which I'm not

gender fluid sound like motor oil - also which I'm not

There are in many languages - dating from before cars and computers - Masculine, Feminine and Neuter - then I guess I'll choose Neuter

Guess I'm just old fashioned that way.

Do you think Kgirls' gal-pals, including her mother, would be insulted if she announced "OK 'Girls', lunch is served." ?

I'm not an armchair linguist aka logophile - I just talk and use words I grew up with.

1694010081936.jpeg

I will never call myself a 'girl' , I am above 10 years of age. 'Girl' Is something strangely used for women of all ages, yet nobody calls mature men 'boys'. I'm a mature woman, not a girl.

I'm a woman, wife, rebel, 36 years old .
Hmmm...here in the States, I/we refer to the guys/men as boys on a regular basis. Out camping, one might tell another of the girls, "the boys went to the beach"...or the store, or to fly a kite (literally)...it isn't derogatory. Nothing meant by it one way or another. Just informing the other of their whereabouts.

Come to think of it, I think referring to them as the boys...or maybe the guys...is much more normal that calling them, "the men."

Back
Top Bottom