Cake roll filling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
I'm thinking about making a filling for a cake roll by mixing regular chocolate frosting with prepared chocolate pudding (I might use 1 1/2 cups milk instead of two cups). Do you think this would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I bought the frosting then decided I wanted more like a pie filling. So maybe I should just return the frosting. The other roll is going to be fudge brownie filled with a home made no bake cheesecake filling yum yum!!

The one with the chocolate filling is just going to be white cake so I want the filling to be light.

Well, the Hershey's pie recipe certainly looks light! Probably the texture I'm going for

Any other thoughts? I thought about mixing a small amount of frosting with a small amount of the pudding to test it, but then I would have a whole tub of frosting if it doesn't work

The other reason for this idea is that it can be done with an electric mixer. I'm dealing with a bulky dressing on my arm and limited mobility because I had surgery on my elbow on Tuesday.

Last edited:
So I'm guessing that you've made a classic sponge cake from scratch, maybe not from a box mix?
Personally, I fill my "Cake Rolls" of sponge cake with softened ice cream/frozen yogurt/gelato, and pop into the freezer to harden before service. Maybe a chocolate ganache on top?

I'm going to dye the white cake pink I think, and the cheesecake filling half blue and half green, then cut the rolls in half and arrange them end to side to make a square if that makes sense, then draw some kind of bunny and chick designs on the top. That's the plan anyway LOL!

This is what I use for fillings for cake rolls, cupcakes, cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 jar (7 1/2 ounces) marshmallow Fluff
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, preferably organic
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add Fluff and vanilla and continue mixing until well combined

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom