Cooking on a chiminea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would do foil wrapped dinners.

I do one on coals when I camp... Pork loin, potatoes, Carrots, onion, red pepper relish. Wrap in aluminum foil twice, toss on the coals. After the first hour, turn, let it cook another hour...

If the carrots are tender, the meat is done....

Very tasty.

Yeah, foil pouches would work.

Between logs, when just the coals are burning, you could do kabobs on long skewers. Like tandori skewers. Have the handles sticking out the front opening. Maybe fit a couple bricks in the back to hold up the end like a rotisserie.

I don't know what yours is made out of. Could be clay, terra cotta, cast metal, copper.
Mine's made out of terra cotta and more stout than the ones pictured here. It's about 10 yrs. old and I've never cooked with mine. I never thought to.

Check www.allyeardecorations.com/chimenea_instructions

Off season, when it's too hot, I just put and ivy plant in it and a geranium plant in the top so it doesn't get lonely in the corner.

It's cast iron. My husband thought it would be a good idea, and then stood back and expected me to know what to do with it. :dry: I know what I'd like to do with it, but failing that, the thought of my geraniums flowering all over it is a nice one. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom