Digiorno Classic Crust Supreme Pizza Review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
th.jpg

I was at a local grocery store that had this so called new item on a sale price and picked it up.

This pizza includes sausage, pepperoni, onions, and peppers.

I really liked the crust here. It was not super thin or thick with a nice bite

The rest of the pizza though was very Digiorno standard so nothing super special here.

This was not a greasy messy pizza at all.

I will give this pizza at a big thumbs up.

That looks good. Might grab one for this weekend. I just wish they could make 'supreme' pizzas without the pepperoni (not a pepperoni fan) but usually I just pick it off before I bake it.

How come nobody makes a plain old sausage frozen pizza? I can never find one with just sausage.

I haven't had that many Digiorno pizzas. An occasional one here and there. I personally like the Kroger brand self-rising pizzas, if I'm in the mood for thick crust. Most of the time, however, I just want a 'standard' crust (not too thick, not too thin) and one of my personal favorites is the Freschetta Garden Veggie.

I have always preferred the store brand rising crust pizza over DiGiorno or Freschetta. I think the store brand has more sauce and the sauce is tastier. I also buy the 5 cheese version and add toppings they don't offer, such as anchovies and pepperoncini or pepperoni and mushrooms. Last night I made a Signature Select (Vons/Albertsons brand) three meat pizza and added mushrooms and pepperoncini before baking.

I like Pizza joint pizza, but since they started charging outrageous prices for delivery, they can go straight to hell. I wanted to order one of those $13 Papa John Shaqaroni pizzas, but after they added the tax, service charge and delivery fee, it became a $23 pizza. Then they expect you to tip the driver 20% on top of that! The grocery store delivers for free. Yes, I said the F word, FREE!

Last edited:
I have always preferred the store brand rising crust pizza over DiGiorno or Freschetta. I think the store brand has more sauce and the sauce is tastier. I also buy the 5 cheese version and add toppings they don't offer, such as anchovies and pepperoncini or pepperoni and mushrooms. Last night I made a Signature Select (Vons/Albertsons brand) three meat pizza and added mushrooms and pepperoncini before baking.
I agree. I tried the Freschetta rising crust pizza once. Nowhere near as tasty as the Kroger brand.

That looks good. Might grab one for this weekend. I just wish they could make 'supreme' pizzas without the pepperoni (not a pepperoni fan) but usually I just pick it off before I bake it.

How come nobody makes a plain old sausage frozen pizza? I can never find one with just sausage.
Move to Chicago. I see them all the time.

It totally depends on where you go, @Linda0818 . Also the time of day, etc. I live in a city that is in the same group as those you listed. My rules are: Stick to populated areas. Don't sparkle with expensive bling. Always be aware of your surroundings. If you feel unsafe, duck into the first business without apology. Honestly, I stick to that list in all unknown locations.

It totally depends on where you go, @Linda0818 . Also the time of day, etc. I live in a city that is in the same group as those you listed. My rules are: Stick to populated areas. Don't sparkle with expensive bling. Always be aware of your surroundings. If you feel unsafe, duck into the first business without apology. Honestly, I stick to that list in all unknown locations.
A good list to stick to, indeed.

I've never been there. Is it even safe to visit? I hear so many horror stories of America's popular cities these days, like Detroit, Chicago, etc.
Big cities have more problems because they have more people, but, like Kathleen said, that doesn't mean the entire city is unsafe. Chicago is a great city, lots to do and eat, and some of the best architecture in the country. It's definitely worth a visit.

I've never been there. Is it even safe to visit? I hear so many horror stories of America's popular cities these days, like Detroit, Chicago, etc.
Here's one thing about Chicago: we know how to eat. This city is famous for deep dish pizza as well as all kinds of Italian cuisine, for ribs, for beef sandwiches, for steaks, Polish cuisine, and a whole lot more. You can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner at a different place in Chicago for three years and not have to revisit a single stop. Follow Kathleen's advice and you should be fine. Do it when the weather's warmer, though. I recommend the boat tour on the river.

Here's one thing about Chicago: we know how to eat. This city is famous for deep dish pizza as well as all kinds of Italian cuisine, for ribs, for beef sandwiches, for steaks, Polish cuisine, and a whole lot more. You can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner at a different place in Chicago for three years and not have to revisit a single stop. Follow Kathleen's advice and you should be fine. Do it when the weather's warmer, though. I recommend the boat tour on the river.
I've done that tour and it was a lot of fun.

I wish I could find a local Chicago-style pizza in the local grocer's freezer section. Ordering it here is like $85 + shipping for a measly 2-pack.

1702863462714.png

Especially after today's game.

1702863004272.png

Where'd you find a Digiorno with a thin crust? All we have here are pizzas with crusts that look like loaves of bread with a little tomato sauce thrown on them.

I always wonder why they can't make a supreme pizza a supreme pizza. That means the toppings include: onion, mushrooms, olives, bacon, pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon, and pineapple. I always have to buy olives, pineapple, and mushrooms to add on to the "supreme" pizzas. But they can keep the peppers.

Yay for Round Table and boo for their high prices.

Where'd you find a Digiorno with a thin crust? All we have here are pizzas with crusts that look like loaves of bread with a little tomato sauce thrown on them.

I always wonder why they can't make a supreme pizza a supreme pizza. That means the toppings include: onion, mushrooms, olives, bacon, pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon, and pineapple. I always have to buy olives, pineapple, and mushrooms to add on to the "supreme" pizzas. But they can keep the peppers.

Yay for Round Table and boo for their high prices.
I suspect "they" are reluctant to put pineapple on a pizza if "they" wish to sell lots of them.

I like pineapple. I like pizza. I do not like pineapple on pizza.
I know many people do like pineapple on pizza.
I'm pretty sure many more people don't want pineapple on pizza.

To my way of thinking, supreme means pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, green bell peppers, and onions. Of course, everyone is different.

Maybe someday :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom