Dinner on Thursday the 20th???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What's going to spring onto your dinner table tonight?

SO and I are going to have fried chicken (or Chied Fricken ans Uncle Bob used to say) and cole slaw.

Kind of a mixed bag here. Have a chunk of leftover pork roast that I'll do something with and some stuffed mushrooms that need to be used. Probably add a baked sweet potato and a tossed salad. I picked up some "reduced" St. Patrick's Day mini-cupcakes at the grocery story on Tuesday. Those will be dessert.

I'm going to grill the steak I never got around to last night.

Leftovers. I know, we eat a lot of leftovers. :wacko: I think I'm still cooking for four+ in case a kid's friend dropped by at dinner. Anyway, I thought my only leftover was a small piece of corned beef and a few veggies, so I pulled a container with two stuffed peppers from the freezer and started to defrost them. When I went to get the last bit of leftover baked french toast, I found a tub of sausage and beans from Tuesday. :huh: Oops. Three leftovers to pick from for the two of us tonight. Guess I'll be buying extra fried fish at the store tomorrow so I can have a piece to add to whatever is left from tonight for Saturday's supper? That depends on how much is left tonight. :LOL:

You will find me out on the back step in the late afternoon sun with my friend Smokey Joe grilling up burgers. A fine way to start Spring.

Jacket potato cooked in the m/wave. I like them done like that. Don't like the crisp skin you get from the oven and I don't like the length of time to cook them in the oven.

Served with shop bought taramasalata.

A couple of slices of Madeira cake for "afters" with a bunch of grapes.

Eaten from a tray while sitting up in bed after a long day at the stables.

Luxury!

Jacket potato cooked in the m/wave. I like them done like that. Don't like the crisp skin you get from the oven and I don't like the length of time to cook them in the oven.

Served with shop bought taramasalata.

A couple of slices of Madeira cake for "afters" with a bunch of grapes.

Eaten from a tray while sitting up in bed after a long day at the stables.

Luxury!
Sounds good to me.

We had leftovers.

Pizza night.
39817-albums960-picture5868.jpg

Asparagus on pizza...perfect for the first day of spring!

Leftovers tonight. Breakfast for dinner....St. Pat's corned beef hash and farm fresh eggs.

We finally had our pork chops with baslamic/honey reduction, corn on the cob, asparagus and baked potatoes. It was really good.

Dessert was coconut ice "cream" and strawberries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom