Dinner Thread for Wednsday, Oct. 20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was pizza for me, as it often is on a Saturday. The beauty of a home made pizza is that you can put on all the things you love about a takeaway pizza, in the quantities that you love - and no extra £1.50 for half a mushroom!

Ollie made the base while I prepared the toppings (not authentic Italian by any stretch of the imagination).

Passata
Grated mix of mozzarella and cheddar
Slices of spicy pepperoni
Chopped yellow pepper
Diced courgette (zucchini)
Sliced mushrooms
Sliced spring onion (scallions?)
Chopped jalepeno
Good grating of black pepper

Given that it was cooked in a conventional oven it probably shouldn't even be called a pizza, but whatever - it was very tasty! :yum:

The one we used to frequent most is Hula Boy Charbroil (friend of a friend owns it). I like Patrick's Hawaiian Cafe a lot, especially Patrick...LOL. He's very nice and has good food. Kiawe Island Bistro is probably the closest to us, but they are very hit or miss on being open. There's a Hawaiian Style Grill too, but we've never tried it. I don't think any of them are franchise. All owner-operated type places. All very different too.

The Hawaiian restaurants and the Thai restaurants are probably our best food options for restaurants. JMO

I looked each of these places up Ginny, WOW! You got some good eats!

Pizza here, too. Started with a store crust and covered it with a puree of roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic. Vegan sausage, chopped onion and green bell pepper, mushrooms, and chunks of fresh mozarella with a sprinkle of fresh oregano and parsley.

BRc2SwF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom