Do you wear an apron in the kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never understood the half apron. If I get food on my clothes, it's usually in the bosom area so those half aprons don't keep me clean! My mom used a smock style that slipped over her head and tied on the sides at the waist. Covered the entire upper body and had plenty of pockets for things. Don't see those kind much anymore.

My grandma and great aunt both wore the full body apron, as did others of their generation. All the pockets made sense.

I usually do. I noticed I was getting stains on my shirts about waist level and up, especially when I was sauteeing something ;) I have one I got from my grandmother's after she died and DH has given me a couple. I even still have one from when I worked in the dining hall in college many moons ago. Don't use it much, though - it's plain green.

Last edited:
I buy them...sometimes I remember to put one on. Funny, when I worked in kitchens and bakeries it would be the first thing I would look for. Since, I'm no longer working in those places I don't seem to think about it.

Some of our male folks need this for their Q'íng:

I buy them...sometimes I remember to put one on. Funny, when I worked in kitchens and bakeries it would be the first thing I would look for. Since, I'm no longer working in those places I don't seem to think about it.

Some of our male folks need this for their Q'íng:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I dont wear an apron at all...I manage to stay pretty clean...Steve on the other hand :LOL:

i've got another reason i won't wear one here. my school ones were bright & clean- for a few seconds.

I do have a Masterchef apron that a lovely friend sent me, but am yet to wear it...maybe when I do the Christmas baking ;)

I have a pampered chef apron that I love. When I don't have it on I splash something on myself every time.

...If I had a husband, it would be all i would be wearing when he comes home from work...

Reminds me of a story...

The groom's mother decided to visit her new daughter-in-law during the day. A she walks into the living room, her DIL is laying naked on the sofa.

What's this, asked the MIL. The DIL explained her husband was due to be home soon and she wanted to greet him in he "Love Suit" to keep the marriage vibrant.

The MIL takes her leave and heads home thinking that may not be such a bad idea as her marriage could use a little boost too.

When her husband walks in the door a while later she is naked on the sofa in he "Love Suit".

Husband: "What's going on"
Wife: I'm wearing my Love Suit
Husband: Need ironing, what's for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom