Easiest and best tasting sloppy joes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
funny thing, i've been in america for 27 years, never had sloppy joes.

IMG_2477.JPG

Funny thing, I've been in America for 27 years, never had Sloppy Joes.

We have them 3 or 4 times a year at least. I made them for a charity fundraiser dinner for a local family who were having money trouble after some unexpected medical costs - 35 pounds of hamburger made into sloppy joes. :D

where's the small pieces of bell pepper??? :LOL:
Actually, I'm surprised by how nobody else has mentioned this. I've always made it with green pepper and onion. This is one of my favorite comfort foods, especially eaten like a dip with potato chips.

Actually, I'm surprised by how nobody else has mentioned this. I've always made it with green pepper and onion. This is one of my favorite comfort foods, especially eaten like a dip with potato chips.

That sounds good, I can eat anything with chips! :yum:

School cafeteria lunches and good old Sloppy Joes. I make them once in a blue moon. Don't forget the radishes and sweet pickle chips condiments. I won't make them without those.

Last edited:
School cafeteria lunches and good old Sloppy Joes. I make them once in a blue moon. Don't forget the radishes and sweet pickle chips condiments. I won't make them without those.

*shudder* sweet pickles are what nightmares are made of :ohmy:

Are you guys talking about bread and butter pickles? I agree on the blech if so, though DD loves them for some unknown reason.

I think they're the same thing. I don't like them, either - the tangier the better for me! - but DH likes them.

I like sweet gherkins and they are what are considered sweet pickles in the areas of the south where I have family. Half sours are good too. But bread and butter pickles are always called that and I can't stand them.

Back
Top Bottom