Egg yolk and milk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

appledee

Assistant Cook
Hi all. I have 6 egg whites in the freezer, and I really want to make angel food cake. The recipe I have calls for 12 egg whites, so that means I need to make something with 6 egg yolk.

I also have about a quart of milk left. I can't drink milk other than lactaid or soymilk (if you know what i mean... =P). So, I would like to use this milk in cooking/baking.

Can someone give me a suggestion on what to make with 6 egg yolk and a quart of milk?

Thanks in advance!

Any coconut around.. a sugar and coconut and you can make some Macaroons...

Mix up egg whites, sugar, coconut a little milk and a little flour. add enough coconut it's a thick mixture.. spoon on to a microwave plate and microwave until firm.

place under a broiler to toast a bit of the coconut.. very tasty..

The egg whites are being used in an angel food cake, OP wants to know what to do with leftover yolks and milk.

Any coconut around.. a sugar and coconut and you can make some Macaroons...

Mix up egg whites, sugar, coconut a little milk and a little flour. add enough coconut it's a thick mixture.. spoon on to a microwave plate and microwave until firm.

place under a broiler to toast a bit of the coconut.. very tasty..

I think what she said was she wants to know what can be cooked with left over egg yolks and a quart of milk.is'nt that evident?:)

The egg whites are being used in an angel food cake, OP wants to know what to do with leftover yolks and milk.

Yes... :)

The custards recipes I have, all use whole eggs, so I don't know if it'll work with egg yolks only... :mellow:

Ooopss.. the "yolks" on me...

in that case..Custard... or a really rich egg dip for french toast..

or freeze the custard and have ice cream...
I was thinking of the french toast/bread pudding thing, too.
or
a custard based pie?

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. I ended up making crepe and creme puffs... =)

Yum... Now I'm out of eggs... LOL But I got all the 12 egg whites I need for the angel food cake which I will make tonight for a BBQ tomorrow... SWEET... =)

Back
Top Bottom