Electric Oven Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timotee

Assistant Cook
Good day to all! :)

Pardon my query or my post but I am really in need of your help.

I currently live in an apartment which has a White Westinghouse electric oven. I was hoping if anyone can summarize or explain on how to read the oven switch signs. Basic thing I know is that the top coil is for broiling while the bottom coil is for baking. I cannot decipher the other signs.....and I am pretty despertate to learn them.

Please pardon my ignorance....I tried searching the other threads but cannot find an answer. :(

Thank you so much for the link, I really appreciate it.

I just wanted to know the symbols writtien around the switches, off the bat. I can only ascertain that the 2 of them is for broiling and baking....the others I have to check still.

Hi Andy!

There is this one symbol which is a square and has 4 lines starting from the center and reaching to each corner, more like a ray reaching out.

I do believe the single line with fumes going down means "broiling" while the the other single line with fumes going up means "baking".

Is it a convection oven? Is there a fan in the wall of the oven in the back or one of the sides? If so, that may be the switch position to activate the convection feature.

Back
Top Bottom