Firefox and posting issues...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
Can those of you with Firefox that are using the advanced editor see if you can now post? Also, I think the same issue was causing the the error on posting new threads. Please post your feedback here...

Looks like it works now Andy. I posted this using Firefox and the wysiwyg editor :) Thanks!

good news I also updated some other files that should fix some other issues...

Here is a post from another user...

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
HEY I TRIED to post a new thread.... and it said that THIS site is NOT accepting NEW posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on???!!!!!!!
12.gif

And the site is VERY slow today.

What gives??!!

I am posting this from Firefox....

I think it takes a while longer to load before it activates. I think there is an image that is still downloading ro something...

Yep you are right. Posted this with Firefox again.

Still can't post new threads though. It says the site is not accepting them right now.

I tried that, but still got the following message:

Sorry! This forum is not accepting new posts.

CAN post replies with alternate browsers now

Enhanced editor works with Mozilla and Firefox now. Thx.

Wah hey it's working for me now 8) I can post smilies again from firefox, oh happy day :LOL:

Firefox, Adblock and DC posts

Rumplestiltskin said:
If anyone is still having posting probs with Firefox and they have blocked Ads with the AdBlock extension within FireFox, disable the extension and you should find posting works OK.
Well at least it did when I experimented with blocking and unblocking. A small price to pay for the benefits.;)
no need to disable Adblock to post successfully

posted using firefox/1.0RC2 with Adblock plugin enabled using DC enhanced interface

I find that I can't use the BBCode extension in Firefox when using the WYSISYG editor. Small price to pay I guess ;)

BBCode, Firefox, Adblock and WYSIWYG posts

GB said:
I find that I can't use the BBCode extension in Firefox when using the WYSISYG editor. Small price to pay I guess ;)
bold: posted using firefox/1.0RC2 with Adblock plugin enabled using DC enhanced interface

italics:
posted using firefox/1.0RC2 with Adblock plugin enabled using DC enhanced interface

centered: posted using firefox/1.0RC2 with Adblock plugin enabled using DC enhanced interface

??I'm not sure what you mean GB.:?: Clicking on the BBC code icon and then typing (or pasting) is working for me. I see the formatting and the smilies in the message box window.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom