For Guys Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
Weed, are they still pulling that lumber out of Superior that sells for top dollar because the cold water preserved it so well?

Living on the extreme Eastern end of the big lake, I haven't heard about that particualr enterprize. But I'm sure that any driftwood off of the many shipwreks would fetch top dollar.

People also pick up just driftwood and sometimes find interesting peices for display or for carving on. As teens, we would gather the driftwood and use it for beach bonfires.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

*thinks back* oh yea, I almost forgot the word man had a plural. The closest I've been to another like me for 15 years would be my boy. So **** yea !!! And I ain't gonna wear no underwear...*finds dusty old coleman lantern and sleepingbag* Mah bones will be soooo sore. I'll just use a hand line with corn for bait. Grocery list: Spam, bread, beer and some chocolate for that sinking feeling in the middle of the day like Barney Fife had on [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The Andy Griffith Show[/FONT].
andygriffith.jpg
The Fishing Hole

Last edited:
I'll drop by. I might even try to get a line wet, but I haven't done any fishing since I was a teen. However, I would be willing to find a swimming beach, and get my waterproof metal detector out :)

I saw something on either Discovery or History Channel, about recovering virgin, old-growth logs that have been in Lake Superior for 100 years or so, then processing that. Yup, big bidness!

Now I've got to find my camping gear. Backpack, Therm-a-rest, sleeping bag, those I have. I can even bring a few cast iron skillets. Think a case of bacon would be enough? We'd have plenty of extra grease for cooking with :)

We can even set up a "casting school" for those folks who tend to catch a lot of stick bass. We'll just do what my dad did, and put a small rug out on the grass, arm our "trainee" with a rod, use a small weight, about half an ounce or less, and have them start trying to hit the rug from 30' away. When you can do that, move out to 50'. When you can hit that, switch to a small trash can, like you would find in your bathroom.

Last edited:
I'll bring spuds, a net for throwing everything into so we can put it in the cold water, and my ever-popular home made pancake mix. We might even try lashing a pole between two trees and having a flap-jack flipping contest, over the pole. If you drop it, you still have to eat it. We did that in boy scouts so many years back.

The only thing better than fresh fish and fried spuds on the beach, is waking up to the smell of bacon cooking over the campfire, and knowing that pancakes are waiting to be cooked fresh in a bit of the bacon grease.

And since this is a cyber-trip, there are no deer-flies, horse-flies, no-se-ums, mosquitoes, or black flies. And I don't want to see you guys wrestling around in the poison ivy! Any of you guys remember what it looks like?:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I don't like bugs in my food and deerflies are the worse ever. They look like little striped jet planes on suicide missions.
pP.gif

Do you live by the 5 second law? If you can retrieve dropped food within 5 seconds, it's good to go. *bacon grease cheesecake*

Goodweed of the North said:
And since this is a cyber-trip, there are no deer-flies, horse-flies, no-se-ums, mosquitoes, or black flies. And I don't want to see you guys wrestling around in the poison ivy! Any of you guys remember what it looks like?:ROFLMAO:

leaves of three, let it be. berries white; danger in sight.

goodweed in a speedo, modesty is not his credo. :)

(psst, g-dubya, you forgot ticks. wood ticks are cool to burn off with a lit cigarette, but deer ticks carry lyme's disease and rocky mountain spotted fever. and they're tiny little bastids.)

buckytom said:
leaves of three, let it be. berries white; danger in sight.

goodweed in a speedo, modesty is not his credo. :)

(psst, g-dubya, you forgot ticks. wood ticks are cool to burn off with a lit cigarette, but deer ticks carry lyme's disease and rocky mountain spotted fever. and they're tiny little bastids.)

B.T.; You give me a mental image of me in a speedo just one more time, and I'm gonna import some fire ants from a place I used to live in, in the San Diego area, and plant 'em in your sleeping bag!:ROFLMAO: Then we'll see who has the last laugh. I mean, that's just an ugly picture.:LOL: As for the rest of the post, high fives!:) I had a tick on my shirt sleeve just the other day. It's now in that little tick heaven in the sky, garunteed!

Banana Brain said:
This is so funny!

I'm so happy you find us amusing as we plan the ultimate "He-man Women-hater's club get-together". It's a bunch of fun thowing all semblance of civilization out the window and just being animal for a bit. I think it would be similarily humorous to watch a bunch of women revert to type without the influence of men around.

We are different, with neither being better or worse. Both genders have good and bad to offer to that which we call humanity. And we like to poke fun at those differences, even at our own gender. And though we dearly love each other, we sure do occasionally need some time to be pure male (for us guys), and female (for you ladies). It kind of lets us confirm who we are, sort things out. And then we can get back together with better appreciation of each other (usually cause we can only stand limited doses of being with our own gender:LOL: ).

Besides, I think I speak for all men when I say that women are defintely better looking than are guys, at least to us men. And whether we like to admit it or not, we crave the qualities that a woman brings into our lives (if only twenty minute shopping trips didn't last for 4 hours!:rolleyes: )

Nice try, Weed, but I am NOT letting you and your raggedy friends into our nice clean hotel suite here to take showers. Girls, who's ready for another apple tini?

If they want to revert to being animals for a bit, there's a nice big lake they can jump into. Don't forget the soap, guys.:LOL:

mudbug, can you make mine a strawberry wine cooler? Cheers!

of course, darlin'

actually, we should go. this is the guys' thread (which is fine)

Shall we retire to the hot tub? Careful, don't spill that drink.

Here I try and be a nice guy. Gentlemen, take notice. We will jump into that lake, and it will be at a water temperature of 88 degrees, and it will be clean, without noisy women around. Let's get that fire goin' and those steaks and trout cookin'.

Shhhh. Let's sneak over to the hotel and throw some ice water over the shower curtains, heh, heh, heh. And you know what we'll be flying from our makeshift flagpole.:devilish:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

And you know what we'll be flying from our makeshift flagpole

I have a good reply to that, but I'm a lady.:LOL:

Just funnin guys. Have fun at your Woman Haters" get together, and when you come home, you will appreciate us even more.:kiss:

Back
Top Bottom