Fudge melts at 30C??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see a lot of recipes dumping 2 teaspoons of vanilla oil extract alone. I don’t think I’m out of the norm so much am I?

I'm not familiar with vanilla oil extract. Is that a Canadian name for vanilla extract? I make my own vanilla extract, and it is not an oil. It is not pressed, which is how you make oils.

CD

I not sure what vanilla oil extract is either. I just buy vanilla extract. I've heard of vanilla paste, never used it, have never even seen it in the stores... but there yuh go!

I'm not familiar with vanilla oil extract. Is that a Canadian name for vanilla extract? I make my own vanilla extract, and it is not an oil. It is not pressed, which is how you make oils.

CD
5 flap it’s like this about 25 to 30 drops of each.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 29
How much in teaspoons is 130 drops of essential oils? As far as I know, essential oils are concentrated for external use only and extracts or emulsions are intended for use in foods and candies.

I found this recipe for fudge that uses that ingredient and there's a lot less liquid in it. That would make a big difference. To help you compare, your recipe uses double the chocolate.

Last edited:
I'd suggest you try a better recipe that doesn't rely of chocolate chips. You can still add the oils.

BTW, 130 drops of essential oils is about 1.3 teaspoons.
What’s wrong with relying on chocolate chips. There perfectly balanced between coco sugar and cacao butter. Comes out to the same or even better trust me I did many tests.

What’s wrong with relying on chocolate chips. There perfectly balanced between coco sugar and cacao butter. Comes out to the same or even better trust me I did many tests.
But you're here complaining about issue with the fudge.

If the only issue the OP has with their fudge is melting in a hot room, I'd focus on keeping the fudge cool. Someone mentioned putting your serving dish/tray on a bed of ice.

CD

But you're here complaining about issue with the fudge.
I don’t want to change the recipe only looking for the possibility of a small modification to make it set harder. Like maybe kneading the fudge longer or something like that !

Back
Top Bottom