Full Moon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Does the Full Moon affect behaviour?

• Total voters

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Do you think the full moon affects human behavior? This is just an opinion poll, we don't require scientific data to support your beliefs. Anecdotes are nice though!

I know it does for me. The howling at the moon bothers the neighbors, but only my SO is bothered by all the shedding after the full moon passes.

I vote 'no'.

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 160
I voted nope, but I do not believe that it has NO effect on behavior. I used to work on a maximum security ward at a state mental hospital and I watched this very closely. And I found the inmates were not any more likely to act out during a full moon than any other time. The most unruly behavior did not occur during the full moons.

Yes, the full moon always affects me in a positive way. I love looking at it, along with the stars.

Yes..Yes.. I worked with the public for many years. We could always tell when there was a full moon. Ask any policeman. :rolleyes:

I don't think so either... it is just that some people might jump on this myth to use it as an excuse for doing something silly or crazy.:ermm:

He-- Yes! Without a doubt! I will not go into detail, but the moon phases are to live by. It only requires one to take notice. Then, you will believe. He-- Yes!

Marion

I voted no, But it would be hard to prove to a Plumber or anyone around him ! :ohmy: Did I say that ? :angel: Got any Cheese ?

Sorry Alix just had to :cool:

Attachments

• romeo.jpg
    romeo.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 206
  • mugshot2.gif
    mugshot2.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 84
JoAnn L. said:
Yes..Yes.. I worked with the public for many years. We could always tell when there was a full moon. Ask any policeman. :rolleyes:

Could that be because they could see better at night to do their dastardly deeds?

lol licia, dastardly deeds.
i'm picturing boris badenoff and natasha, tying up poor penelope pittstop on the railroad tracks, under a full moon.

i've seen many strange things at night, having worked midnight shifts for so many years. i'd say the weather has more to due with a reduction or increase in crime, but that's about it (bad weather = criminals, lazy by nature, stay home). lunar cycles don't seem to have a measureable affect on humans.

hunters and fishermen swear by lunar cycles, however. not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom