General Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only a couple I don't know, but still have quite a few of those even now.
#20 That is the egg cooker that I use every time I poach an egg for breakfast or make hard boiled eggs.
#22 was still in use when I sold the house in '95 (vent)
#11 have a monster brass one at the cottage
#16 have my mother's nut chopper - there are actually 2 styles, the other one being the fore runner of the slam chopper.
#10 best can opener ever! Wish I had my mom's!
#9 mom had one of those and I had a similar one for a bit.
#8 have one on my wall as we speak. Actually use it (rare but do)
#6 that's the modern one, much prefer the original style with that handle set on the top, gave you much more control.
#4 would only have been found on farms
#3 that - believe it or not - is still being made - what on earth is he talking about?
#2 yup, we had one, great milkshakes!
#1 I think my sister has my mom's cookie gun

LOL, thanks Kgirl - that was fun and I guess I'm older than I think.

I only recognise a couple of them.
My aunt still uses the coffee grinder, but for peppercorns :)

Those old juicers (only work with citrus) that squish the juice into a glass are still made and look very similar. They cost a baby fortune, but they make wonderful orange juice.

At home for regular consumption I only use salted butter unless it's for baking then I'll buy unsalted. At the restaurant I only use unsalted butter simply because I can then adjust the salt to fit a particular ingredient (s), sauce or batter for example better. if it happens to be for a bread service we'll also supply a sea salt for people to adjust for their tastes, right now we have Maldon and Camargue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom