Greetings, jokes, etc., for Barbara L.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
I thought a good idea would be to send greetings and well wishes to Barbara, while in the hospital, to help her pass the time. She can share with nurses and patients and visitors. If she has her laptop, she can get them right away. Or James will have to bring them to her.
Help here James. Thanks........
(BuckyTom - you should be good at this............)

A husband looking through the newspaper came upon a study that said women use twice as many words a day as men do.
Excited to prove to his wife that he was right all along when he accused her of talking too much, he showed her the study results.
The wife thought for awhile, then, finally said to her husband, "It's because we have to repeat everything we say."
The husband responded, "What, dear?"
:rolleyes:

LOL!!!SQ, that is great!! Barbara will love that!!
Barbara, you know I'm thinking of you and am wishing you a fast recovery!!

Barb,
hope this note finds you feeling much better. Know that you are dearly missed and needed. Prayers and hugs:)
kadesma

DEEP THOUGHTS...................

Does a clean house indicate there is a broken computer in it?

Why is it that no matter what color of bubblebath you use, the bubbles are always white?

Why do people constantly retuen to the fridge with the hope something will have materialized?

Is it true that the only difference between a yard sale and trash pick-up is how close to the road the stuff is placed?

In winter, why is it we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer, when we complained about the heat?

Why do old men wear their pants higher than young men?

Why is it that men react to their broken bones as "just a sprain", and deep wounds as "just a scratch". But when they get "the sniffles", they are "deathly ill", with the flu and have to be bedridden for a week?

Why do men forget everything, & women remember everything?

Do chinese people get hungry and hour after they eat?

If at first you don't succeed, shouldn't you do what your wife told you to do in the first place?
:-p

More DEEP THOUGHTS.................................

Why is it a man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs, and a woman will pay $1 for a $2 item she doesn't need?

One of life's mysteries is how a 2LB. box of chocolates can make a woman gain 5lbs.

The nice part of living in a small town is; when you don't know what you're doing, someone else does.

If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around your neck?

WOMENS' BUMPER STICKERS...............................

I have PMS & A GUN - is there something you wanted?

My mother is a travel agent for Guilt Trips.com.

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.

Next Mood Swing: 6 Minutes

All Stress Out & No One To Choke!

How can I miss you if you won't go away?

Don't upset me. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

STRIKE........................................................

Doctors at a hospital in Brooklyn, N.Y., have gone on strike. Hospital officials say they will find out what the doctors' demands are, as soon as they can get the pharmacist over there to read their picket signs.

SIGNS YOU NEED A NEW DOCTOR............................

He keeps refering to himself as "the defendant".

He thinks Eastern Medicine was developed in Long Island.

He keeps refering to your leg as "drumstick".

He introduces the anesthesialogist as, "Dr. Jim Beam."

Jar #47.............................................................

A new doctor had arrived in town. He could cure anything and anybody. Everyone was amazed with what he could do - everyone except for Mr. Thompson, the town skeptic.
Grumpy, old Mr. Thompson went to visit this 'miracle doctor' to prove he wasn't anyone special. When it was his time for his appointment he told the doctor, "Hey doc, I've lost my sense of taste. I can't taste nothin'. So what you gonna do?"
The doctor scratched his head and mumbled to himself a little, then told him, "What you need is Jar #47."
So the doctor brought the jar out, opened it, and told Mr. Thompson to taste it. He tasted it, and immediately spit it out. "This is gross!", he yelled.
"Looks like I just restored your sense of taste", Mr. Thompson," said the doctor. So Mr. Thompson went home very angry.
One month later, Mr. Thompson decides to go back to the doctor and try once again to expose him as a fake, by complaining of a new problem.
"Doc", he started, "I can't remember anything!". Thinking he had the doctor stumped now, he waited as the doctor scratched his head, mumbled to himself a little, and told Mr. Thompson, "What you need is jar #47, it's......."

Before the doctor could finish his sentence, Mr. Thompson was cured and fled the room!

THIS ONE IS A SAGA..................................................
PUBLIC RESTROOMS

My mother was a fanatic about public toilets. As a little girl, she'd bring me in the stall, teach me to wade up toilet paper and wipe the seat. Then she'd carefully lay strips of toilet paper to cover the seat. Finally, she'd instruct, "Never, never sit on a public toilet seat. Then she'd demonstrate...'THE STANCE', which consisted of balancing over the toilet, legs spread slightly, squating over the toilet, without actually letting any flesh make contact with the toilet seat.
But by this time, I'd have peed down my leg. And we'd go home.

That was a long time ago. I've had lots of experiences with public toilets since then, but I'm still not particularly fond of public toilets, especially those with 'redeye' sensors. Those toilets know when you want them to flush. They are 'psychic toilets'. But I always confuse their psychic ability by following my mother's advise and assuming 'THE STANCE'. 'THE STANCE' is excurciatingly difficult to maintain when one's bladder is especially full. This is most likely to occur after a full-length feature film. During the movie pee, it is nearly impossible to maintain 'THE STANCE'. You know what I mean. You drink a two liter cup of Diet Coke, while sitting through a three hour saga because, for God's sake, even if you didn't wipe or wash your hands in the bathroom, you'd still miss the pivotal part of the movie, or the second scene, in which thy flash the leading man's naked derriere. So you cross your legs and you hold it. And you hold it til the first credits roll and you sprint to the bathroom, about ready to explode. And at the bathroom, you find a line of women that makes you think there's a half-price sale on Mel Gibson's underwear in there. So you wait and smile politely at all the other ladies, also crossing their legs and smiling politely.

And you finally get closer. You check for feet under the stall doors. Every one is occupied. You hope no one is doing frivolous things behind those stall doors, like blowing their nose, or adjusting their clothing. Finally, a stall door opens and you dash in, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the stall. You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't matter. You hang your handbag on the door hook, yank down your pants and assume 'THE STANCE'.

Relief. Then more relief.
Then your thighs begin to shake. You'd love to sit down, but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe the seat or lay toilet paper down, so you hold 'THE STANCE, as your thighs experience a quake that would register an 8 on the richter scale. To take your mind off it, you reach for the toilet paper. Might as well be ready when you're done. The toilet paper dispenser is empty. Your thighs shake more. You remember the tiny napkin you wiped your fingers on after eating the buttered popcorn. It would have to do. You crumble it in the puffiest way possible, but it's still smaller than your thumbnail. Someone pushes open your stall door, because the latch doesn't work, and your pocketbook goes slamming into your head. "Occupied!", you scream, as you reach out to slam the door shut, dropping your buttered popcorn napkin on the dirty floor, falling backward, directly onto the toilet seat. You get up quickly, but no, it's too late. Your bare bottom has made contact with all the germs and life forms your mother warned about, because you didn't lay the toilet paper down, not that there was any, even if you had had enough time to. And your mother would be utterly ashamed of you if she knew, because her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, "you never know what kind of diseases you could get." And by this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so confused that it flushes, sending up a stream of water akin to a fountain and then it suddenly sucks everything down with such force that you grab on to the toilet paper dispensor for fear of being dragged to China. At that point you give up. You're finished peeing. You're soaked. You're exhausted. You try and wipe with a gum wrapper you found in your pocket, then slink out inconspiciously to the sinks. You can't figure out how to operate the sinks with their automatic sensors, so you wipe your hands with dry papertowel, and walk past a line of women, still waiting, crossed-legged and unable to smile politely at this point.
One kind soul, at the end of the line, points out that you are trailing a piece of toilet paper on your shoe as long as the Mississippi River. You yank the paper from your shoe, pluck it in the woman's hand and say warmly, "Here, you might need this."​

DEAF WIFE​

A concerned husband went to the doctorto talk about his wife. "Doctor, I think my wife is deaf because she never hears me the first time, and always asks me to repeat things."
"Well", the doctor replied, "go home and tonight stand about 15' from her and say something to her. If she doesn't reply, move 5' closer and say it again. Keep doing this so we'll get an idea about the severity of her deafness."
Sure enough, the husband goes home and does exactly as instructed. He starts 15' away from his wife, who is in the kitchen, chopping some vegetables. He asks, "Honey, what's for dinner?" He gets no response. He moves about 5' closer, and asks again. No reply. He moves another 5' closer. Still no reply. He gets fed up and moves right beside her, inches away, and asks again, "Honey, what's for dinner?"
She replies, "For the fourth time, vegetable stew!"
;)

MRS FINKEL, PLEASE​
A little old woman called Mount Sinai Hospital. She said, "Mount Sinai Hospital? Hello, darling. I'd like to talk with the person who gives information about the patients. But I don't want to know if the patient is better or doing like expected, or worse. I want all the information from top to bottom, from A to Z."
The voice on the end of the line said, "would you hold the line please? That's an unusual request."
Then a very authoritative voice came on the line and said, "Are you the lady who is calling about one of the patients?"
She said, "Yes, darling. I'd like to know the information about Sarah Finkel, in room 302.
He said, "Finkel, Finkel. Let me see. Farber, Feinberg, Finkel. Oh yes, Mrs Finkel is doing very well. In fact, she's had two full meals, her doctor says if she continues improving as she is, he is going to send her home Tuesday, at twelve o'clock."
The woman said, "Thank God! That's wonderful. She's going home twelve o'clock, Tuesday. I'm so happy to hear that. That's wonderful news."
The guy on the other end said, "From your enthusiasm, I take it you must be a close family member."
she said, "What close family, darling? I'm Mrs. Finkel. My doctor don't tell me nothing!"
:LOL:

WELCOME TO THE PHYCHIATRIC HOTLINE​

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly. If you are co-dependant, please ask someone to press 2. If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6. If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line until we can trace the call. If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully, and the little voices will tell you which # to press. If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter what # you press. No one will answer, so please hang up.
:wacko:

I am sorry I have been away for awhile, I don't even know what is going on?? But my prayers are with you Barb and hope all is well!

Jeez QS, how many of these you got?? LOL.

Mav, the catagory was greeting, jokes, etc.
No one else is puttin' in, so.................................

Do you know how long a minute seems in the hospital?
Just trying to help out.
I thought BT would be right behind.

A minute in the hospital is about the equivalent of an hour, or so my experience has taught me..Ugg.

Didn't mean to offend QS, just trying to be light-hearted. And I like the jokes.

Back
Top Bottom