Question for Virginia , West Virginia for Tennessee residents or people familiar with these areas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
My daughter recently got engaged ( Like 2 weeks ago).
They want to have their wedding in one of these states ( Virginia, West Virginia or Tennessee).
His family is from Alabama, We're from New York, and they currently live in Maryland.
She is interested in venues somewhere with mountain views. I don't expect anyone to do the research for me, but if anyone either knows of, or has attended a wedding in these areas ( with scenic mountain views), I'd love to know about them, so I can research then pass it on to her. We are extremely early in the searching process. Just trying to compile a list.

I don't know anything about venues, but I have been to all 3 states. West Virginia has the most beautiful mountain views I've ever seen. (And I have been to most of the mountain states and many European mountains)

I don't know anything about venues, but I have been to all 3 states. West Virginia has the most beautiful mountain views I've ever seen. (And I have been to most of the mountain states and many European mountains)
We've been there a few times and I agree, the views are terrific. We also rented a cabin over looking the smokeys in a Tennessee which was a real site to wake up to, and the views from some of the presidents houses ( Jefferson Madison, Monroe, Washington) are terrific in Virginia. Honestly, when I went to visit my son in Montana ( first time at the rockies), they were nice but I think I was expecting more, or to be blown away, and I really wasn't.

I'm from Northern Virginia originally. Outside of DC. They don't want a location there, I'll tell you that. It's city and suburbs.

Not too far from the states you listed, but my niece had a spectacular wedding at the beginning of June in Asheville, NC. The venue is Longleaf Vineyard. The mountain views were riveting. The venue is lovely. They offered a cocktail hour with nibbles. followed by a plated dinner in a beautiful tent with chandeliers and fairy lights, and then dancing - all at the same venue. Laura (my niece) and her husband also got deals on two hotels for guests who travelled and offered a shuttle service that dropped people back off about an hour after dinner and again when the evening ended. They were very relaxed throughout their day as the venue offers an excellent wedding planner. No one was from NC, but it was worth the trip.

BTW, the food would have satisfied the most discriminating foodie. Vegan options were offered.

Last edited:
Not too far from the states you listed, but my niece had a spectacular wedding at the beginning of June in Asheville, NC. The venue is Longleaf Vineyard. The mountain views were riveting. The venue is lovely. They offered a cocktail hour with nibbles. followed by a plated dinner in a beautiful tent with chandeliers and fairy lights, and then dancing - all at the same venue. Laura (my niece) and her husband also got deals on two hotels for guests who travelled and offered a shuttle service that dropped people back off about an hour after dinner and again when the evening ended. They were very relaxed throughout their day as the venue offers an excellent wedding planner. No one was from NC, but it was worth the trip.

BTW, the food would have satisfied the most discriminating foodie. Vegan options were offered.
Asheville is fantastic!!!!! That sounds like a lovely venue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom