Ground Hog Day Dinner - 2/2/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He looks like he should be wearing a red cape with a superhero logo PP on it!

He had a great looking Steelers collar as a puppy, but he managed to chew it off. He hated wearing a collar as a puppy. Now that he is grown, I need to get another. If the Steelers D hadn't have choked in the playoffs, I was going to have the groomers put a yellow stripe down his back for the SB. :LOL:

CD

He had a great looking Steelers collar as a puppy, but he managed to chew it off. He hated wearing a collar as a puppy. Now that he is grown, I need to get another. If the Steelers D hadn't have choked in the playoffs, I was going to have the groomers put a yellow stripe down his back for the SB. :LOL:

CD

Umm, yeah, you might want to rethink that yellow stripe thing... Lol.

It's not a good look. :cool:

(pssst, dude, it means you're a coward, in Western lingo)

Umm, yeah, you might want to rethink that yellow stripe thing... Lol.

It's not a good look. :cool:

(pssst, dude, it means you're a coward, in Western lingo)

Hmmmm. I wonder if Jack Lambert knows this, with that yellow stripe on his helmet. Maybe you should tell him. :ohmy:

CD :D

Attachments

• LambertYellowStripe.jpg
    LambertYellowStripe.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Head, yes. Backbone, no good.
Lol, (me forgot you from Philly. Need explanation..)
Lol, just kidding, man.

Last edited:
Head, yes. Backbone, no good.
Lol, (me forgot you from Philly. ...(
Lol, just kidding, man.

I come from an oil company family, which is a lot like a military family. We moved a lot. I lived in Pittsburgh for a while, and my dad's family settled in Pittsburgh when they arrived from Italy about 100 years ago, so that is the family hometown. I have a lot of relatives there today. Being a Steelers fan is kind of a genetic thing.

Oh, I own two official NFL Jerseys. Jack Lambert and Mike Webster.

CD

Last edited:
Ok, ok, I've had a soft spot in my heart for the Stillers ever since I saw my dad wearing Steelers gear one Thanksgiving.
They were his favorite team.

I disown him every fall, nonetheless.

Not to mention a soon available Eagle's fan who is impersonating my son.

Last edited:
Ok, ok, I've had a soft spot in my heart for the Stillers ever since I saw my dad wearing Steelers gear one Thanksgiving.
They were his favorite team.

I disown him every fall, nonetheless.

Not to mention a soon available Eagle's fan who is impersonating my son.

Are you a Giants fan? I don't see you as a Jets fan, but I could be wrong. I did enjoy seeing Eli beat Saint Tom twice in the SB. :)

CD

I'm hoping there's a Cox all up in Tom's pretty face all day tomorrow... ;)

Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

Attachments

• BardySacked.jpg
    BardySacked.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 74
...Not to mention a soon available Eagle's fan who is impersonating my son.
I'll adopt him for the day, then give him back to you tomorrow night. And I just might have enough beef to make him a Cheesesteak sandwich, too. Or, probably not. He IS a growing, sports-playing kid. I fed my own "stomach with legs" once.

...I did enjoy seeing Eli beat Saint Tom twice in the SB. :)
The neighbors up the street had a party for the 2008 game. They also had friends who were Giants' fans who sent them all kinds of stuff. Their house was completely decked out in Giants sports paraphernalia. As Clevelanders with no real pro team to cheer for, we thought it was the best Super Bowl party ever! :LOL:

I'll adopt him for the day, then give him back to you tomorrow night. And I just might have enough beef to make him a Cheesesteak sandwich, too. Or, probably not. He IS a growing, sports-playing kid. I fed my own "stomach with legs" once.

The neighbors up the street had a party for the 2008 game. They also had friends who were Giants' fans who sent them all kinds of stuff. Their house was completely decked out in Giants sports paraphernalia. As Clevelanders with no real pro team to cheer for, we thought it was the best Super Bowl party ever! :LOL:

My favorite SB was in 2009, SB XLIII. I flew to Pittsburgh, visited family and friends, and watched the game in a Sports Bar in Downtown Pittsburgh. I paid 75 bucks for the day, which covered food and beverages. I had my own reserved bar stool. I also made some new friends that day. Everyone treated me like a next-door neighbor. Hugs and high-fives from people I'd never seen before.

I brought my small Leica camera with me, and was able to leave it sitting on the bar while I watched the game, and nobody touched it. That was not a cheap camera. Citizens of Steelers Nation really blew me away that day.

An experience I'll never forget.

There is a Steelers bar in Dallas called Malarkey's Tavern. Same thing there. I can go in with the place packed, and people I've never met will find a way to squeeze one more chair into their table so I can sit down and enjoy the game. We may never see each other again, but for that few hours of that day, we are friends.

CD

Attachments

• YesWeCan8.jpg
    YesWeCan8.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
My favorite SB was in 2009, SB XLIII. I flew to Pittsburgh, visited family and friends, and watched the game in a Sports Bar in Downtown Pittsburgh. I paid 75 bucks for the day, which covered food and beverages. I had my own reserved bar stool. I also made some new friends that day. Everyone treated me like a next-door neighbor. Hugs and high-fives from people I'd never seen before.

I brought my small Leica camera with me, and was able to leave it sitting on the bar while I watched the game, and nobody touched it. That was not a cheap camera. Citizens of Steelers Nation really blew me away that day.

An experience I'll never forget.

There is a Steelers bar in Dallas called Malarkey's Tavern. Same thing there. I can go in with the place packed, and people I've never met will find a way to squeeze one more chair into their table so I can sit down and enjoy the game. We may never see each other again, but for that few hours of that day, we are friends.

CD

Great memories... I hate to admit it but, some of my most enjoyable Super Bowl parties took place in bars, with strangers... :)

I both miss and don't miss those days..

Ross

Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

I wasted my wish on a football game!!! Doh!!! I should have wished for a million dollars.

Oh well, this will have to do...

Attachments

• BeadyFumble.jpg
    BeadyFumble.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom