Have you ever got manipulated or returned product from Amazon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20% sounds high. Why did he have so many returns? Mine is probably 1-2% at most.
Probably bought a lot of clothes and shoes.
I don't know if this is the same guy, but I posted an article above about this. This guy was fixing electronics for friends and bought parts from Amazon. Sometimes they were defective, but sometimes he bought more than he needed and returned the extra. Returns coat money because Amazon pays for them and now they have to discount the price for a future sale. They can only eat that cost for so long.

I don't know if this is the same guy, but I posted an article above about this. This guy was fixing electronics for friends and bought parts from Amazon. Sometimes they were defective, but sometimes he bought more than he needed and returned the extra. Returns coat money because Amazon pays for them and now they have to discount the price for a future sale. They can only eat that cost for so long.

Makes sense.

20% sounds high. Why did he have so many returns? Mine is probably 1-2% at most.

It may not be really high if you don't purchase a lot but you return once.

Like me, in 2018 I returned two products but I purchased probably only
10-15 products. However I am never someone who likes to return
unless the quality is extremely bad or not as advertised.

One skirt for my wife was sent a wrong size that we could see from the
label and a portable hard drive for me was of extremely horrible quality
that it didn't even boot to the drive on day 1 as soon as it's turned on and the
packaging was obviously manipulated

Sorry what does it mean? I am not very clear because Iam actually not an English speaker
Did you mean that he was fake??
She's referring to a law in the United States. From Wikipedia, "The Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681, is U.S. Federal Government legislation enacted to promote the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of consumer information contained in the files of consumer reporting agencies." Consumer credit reports determine what a person's credit rating is - how much debt they have, whether they're likely to be able to pay off new loans, etc.

If you are not located in the United States, this doesn't apply to you and you should look up consumer protection law in the country where you live.

Last edited:
She's referring to a law in the United States. From Wikipedia, "The Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681, is U.S. Federal Government legislation enacted to promote the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of consumer information contained in the files of consumer reporting agencies." Consumer credit reports determine what a person's credit rating is - how much debt they have, whether they're likely to be able to pay off new loans, etc.

If you are not located in the United States, this doesn't apply to you and you should look up consumer protection law in the country where you live.

Did she imply that the article writer I've mentioned was likely blocked / banned / restricted by Amazon probably because of his personal credit problem rather than returning too many products??

Does Amazon have the authority to look at a customer's credit ??

...Does Amazon have the authority to look at a customer's credit ??

Amazon doesn't have to look at your credit. You pay with a credit card. The transaction would not go through if your card was invalid. The CC company deals with your credit.

Amazon doesn't have to look at your credit. You pay with a credit card. The transaction would not go through if your card was invalid. The CC company deals with your credit.

I can understand that if someone has a credit problem then he won't be issued a credit card. This is also how we work here, not exclusively in the United states. However, could the number of return of products (or return rates) on Amazon affect a person's credit? I really doubt that....

I can understand that if someone has a credit problem then he won't be issued a credit card. This is also how we work here, not exclusively in the United states. However, could the number of return of products (or return rates) on Amazon affect a person's credit? I really doubt that....

Me too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom