Hi I'm new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hamofabe

Assistant Cook
So, my mother is has been gone for almost a month now and she won't be back for another two weeks. She just had hip replacement surgery and is in the rehab center. After about a week I realized how much crap she has to deal with and how much work she puts into everything. Everyone in my house is used to being waited on hand and foot and my mother deserves a break. Basically, I would like to start cooking and I have no clue where to start. What I am looking for is some simple recipes I can use to cook for about 4-5 people and something inexpensive, considering I would be the one buying everything.

If none of that made sense sorry I'm kinda rushing to get to work.
Synopsis
*mother gone
*18yr old
*has job
*needs simple ideas

Thanks

Welcome! You've co0me to a good place to get the sort of advice you're looking for.

What sort of foods do you like?

Welcome! I suggest spaghetti. It's almost impossible to mess up, it's inexpensive, and it's something that most people really like. A side of garlic bread would be nice too.

I am willing to try anything. My brother and I are into trying all types of foods. I kinda want to be able to cook meals that don't require a microwave and if I do pasta I want to do like Chicken Alfredo kinda stuff. I know I'm a ways from being able to do that but it doesnt hurt to try.

So, my mother is has been gone for almost a month now and she won't be back for another two weeks. She just had hip replacement surgery and is in the rehab center. After about a week I realized how much crap she has to deal with and how much work she puts into everything. Everyone in my house is used to being waited on hand and foot and my mother deserves a break. Basically, I would like to start cooking and I have no clue where to start. What I am looking for is some simple recipes I can use to cook for about 4-5 people and something inexpensive, considering I would be the one buying everything.

If none of that made sense sorry I'm kinda rushing to get to work.
Synopsis
*mother gone
*18yr old
*has job
*needs simple ideas

Thanks

Hi,
Try roasting beef tomatoes.
Beef tomatoes, cut in half
drizzle olive oil, chopped garlic & basil over
roast for 40 mins Gas mark 6
mix 1 1/3rd balsamic vinegar with 2 3rds olive oil...shake vigorously & drizzle over the tomatoes, when cooked.
serve with French crusty bread...pulled apart

it's only 2 main ingredients but is incredibly tasty
& don't worry about there not being any measures for the garlic or basil etc it won't matter, I change this recipe every week, depending on how much basil etc is in the kitchen

you could always whizz this up when cooked & add to plain spaghetti :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom