How are you feeling now about..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw Andy, you were such a little cutie! Our son was two when he got his first hair cut. It was nowhere near as thick as yours, but it reached past his collar. Now? Pretty shiny chrome-dome.

This was a really big day in my limited world lately...I got my long awaited haircut!!:w00t2:...
My appointment isn't for another 12 days. While I'm looking forward to it, my hair is now long enough to pull up into a knob on top of my head. I'm thinking of stalling until late this summer - or else, run into the salon yelling "chop it off!" on the 16th. :LOL:

Now if the Nail Salons would just open here!! I don't want anybody touching my hands yet, but my feet would be nearly 6 ft. from my masked face, and hers. Wearing any of my sandals is out of the question. Who am I kidding, I don't go anywhere anyhow, but I'd feel better.

Protestors are not social distancing. They are going against everything everything we have been lectured about the past few weeks. Many not wearing a mask. Most of the ones I seen with a mask are wearing it improperly.
The news was real quick to condem the memorial day parties. You can't have a party. It spreads the virus. But it is ok to go protest? Can we expect thousands of protestors to test positive in the coming weeks?

The news reports I've been seeing almost always mention the lack of Social Distancing ........ more than one news show has featured one doctor or another lecturing on the lack of masks.....

.....can't imagine I'm the only one seeing these........

Last edited:
We will be seeing a spike in Covid cases over the next few weeks. Survival of the Fittest also applies to the stupid people. I wonder how many go home and hug and kiss on their kids and elderly parents.

We still don't have it in the facility and I'm to be tested on Tuesday, part of the Govt Mandate to test 20% of the facility staff and residents, each week until we all test negative. I'm hoping it will be over in 5 weeks. One positive test and we have to test 100% of staff and residents every week until we test 100% negative. Not looking forward to the test.

Protestors are not social distancing. They are going against everything everything we have been lectured about the past few weeks. Many not wearing a mask. Most of the ones I seen with a mask are wearing it improperly.
The news was real quick to condem the memorial day parties. You can't have a party. It spreads the virus. But it is ok to go protest? Can we expect thousands of protestors to test positive in the coming weeks?

Yes we can.
It's called weeding out the herd.
If they have no problem with not wearing a mask while looting/protesting their own communities it's on them.:rolleyes:

Don't ask me to donate money to the go fund me stupid funerals.

You can be sure that no governor considered trying to enforce social distancing or large gatherings for the protests. It would have been like trying to stop the tide from coming in and would have created more anger.

Sadly the consequences will become apparent in 2-3 weeks.

I understand the passion of the peaceful protestors, especially after seeing that elderly man being pushed to the ground and cracking his head, with all the cops just marching past him. That's just despicable to say the least. At the same time, all those young protestors are putting their loved ones at home in danger, not to mention the rest of us. The recent events are likely to put all of us back to square one, through no fault of our own.:cry:

Actually GG, I see this as very confusing for some people, and could be construed as it's not necessary for everyone to wear a mask if you're not sick.

Why on earth would the "powers that be" consider this information to be helpful for the public good? If a person isn't showing symptoms today, it doesn't mean that the symptoms won't show up tomorrow. Nobody knows for sure if I have the virus or not, and who I could be infecting today without a mask.
This will be an excuse for people to claim not needing a mask. Grrrr...

Last edited:
Now if the Nail Salons would just open here!! I don't want anybody touching my hands yet, but my feet would be nearly 6 ft. from my masked face, and hers. Wearing any of my sandals is out of the question. Who am I kidding, I don't go anywhere anyhow, but I'd feel better.

Although still not permitted my daughter started servicing her nail clients in her hair salon which she was allowed to reopen a couple weeks ago. The county is ready to give a go ahead for nail salons and spas any day anyway.
Most salons around here have been operating underground anyway during these periods. I figured it’s much safer to service your clients at the salon than to go to their homes, although I know many stylists have been visiting clients’ homes...

Although still not permitted my daughter started servicing her nail clients in her hair salon which she was allowed to reopen a couple weeks ago. The county is ready to give a go ahead for nail salons and spas any dayt anyway.
Most salons around here have been operating underground anyway during these periods. I figured it’s much safer to service your clients at the salon than to go to their homes, although I know many stylists have been visiting clients’ homes...

My toes weep nightly for a pedicure. No sandals until they get prettied up.

I found a pack of 50 disposable masks for $30 at Wally World...are they worth it? Most likely not for anyone who is not in Healthcare. They are worth it to me, much lighter and easier to breathe through than the fabric masks I have gotten. Wearing a mask for 8-12 hours is getting rough.

I found a pack of 50 disposable masks for $30 at Wally World...are they worth it? Most likely not for anyone who is not in Healthcare. They are worth it to me, much lighter and easier to breathe through than the fabric masks I have gotten. Wearing a mask for 8-12 hours is getting rough.

Jeannie picked up a bag of those.. We will continue to use them when shopping anywhere.. We don't use gloves as much as when this first started. Have read many conflicting reports about them.. We do carry a fresh disinfecting wipe into each business..

I feel for those in health care having to use masks constantly..

Ross

I just received from Amazon 2 boxes of 50ea of those blue paper masks for $24 or $12/ box. Took about a week to get them though...
They came from a third party dental supply merchant. Good, disposable masks. I usually use them for a few days before disposing.

You have a point Taxi. On the other hand, reputable nail salons have always had a high standard of hygiene also.

Although I have a small tattoo that no one can see, I can't understand the need for a tattoo during this nightmare pandemic. It makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
I wonder how many people will get a tat of a mask. :LOL:

Attachments

• face_mask_tattoo_2.jpg
    face_mask_tattoo_2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom