Hump Day dinner - 8/31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Spaghetti & Mussels...

Mussels in White Calm Sauce 8-31-22.jpg

Those mussels are HUGE! Have only once had mussels that big. Had to get them from a fi$h monger but they were worth it.

Grocer's have your run of the mill harvested on the small side. Still tasty but not huge.

The pickins' are slim in the freezer for previously prepared meal items. Gonna have to start doing some serious cooking to restock.

Tonight's fare was pasta with a sausage sauce and tossed salad.

IMG_0290.jpg

I bought nearly 2# of green beans last week; planned to cook them with smoked pork chops. I haven't had the chance to go to the butcher, so I cooked them up with bacon ends and lardons for a similar flavor. Served those with creamy mashed yellow potatoes and leftover riblets. Watermelon, too, to cool the pipes from the tangy sauce.

20220831_195851.jpg

DH and I went to go look at a Travel Trailer for sale and decided to eat out.

We've been trying really hard to like this place ...

IMG_2067.jpg
DH's Hot Pastrami on Rye with Fries, meh, not so much.

IMG_2066.jpg
For Moi, my side was the Soup of the day, Potato and Ham. DELICIOUS!! But that's a really big bowl!
I only ate half because I still had my dinner coming.

IMG_2068.jpg
Beef Tips with Onions and Mushrooms in a lovely gravy, mashed Reds and fresh Green Beans ... can you see the serving vessel? It's a TEN INCH cast iron skillet!!!!!!!!!
I could only eat of a quarter of all of this food.

pyrex bowls with lids.jpg
(photo courtesy of Pyrex)
I took everything home and made up a freezer meal for Mom and then one for myself as well.
Our waitress asked if I didn't care for my meal.
"Oh no, I very much did! I just can't that much food in one sitting. But don't you worry, it won't go to waste!"
:LOL:

Last edited:
Whole wheat bowtie pasta w/peas/broccoli/tomatoes/pickles/onions/red peppers, and steamed broccoli. oat-fruit cookies w/raisins, grapes.

Last night's dinner:
- Pork chile verde from Serious Eats with coriander, cumin and Mexican oregano and homegrown poblanos and jalapeños
- Pickled red onions from Rick Bayless with Mexican oregano
- Avocado-tomatillo relish from Bobby Flay with Penzeys Arizona Dreaming
20220831_200120~3.jpg20220831_195329~2.jpg

Golly, GG you sure know how to dine with all those famous chefs! Lucky you. :LOL: Man, what a table they set for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom