Hungry Jack Use Up the Box Recipe Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I created a good fried mushroom recipe today and decided to see if there were any contests that it would work with. I found this one:

Hungry Jack Use Up the Box Recipe Contest - Deadline: December 17, 2010
Submit your original recipe in one of the three following categories:
1) Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potatoes: recipe made with at least 1 cup of any variety of Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potatoes
2) Hungry Jack Pancake Mix: recipe made with at least 1 cup of any variety of Hungry Jack Pancake Mix
3) Hungry Jack Syrup: recipe made with at least 1/4 cup of any variety of Hungry Jack Syrup
PRIZES:
One Grand Prize In Each Recipe Category: One year's worth of groceries, awarded as a check for $6,000.
Two Runner-Up Prizes In Each Recipe Category: Each runner-up will receive one Gift Basket of Hungry Jack brand products. Approximate retail value ("ARV") $100 each.

I am not entering but if I was I would take the potato mix and bread some fish with it and bake it.

I would take the pancake mix and make a green onion fried hushpuppie or beignet with it.

I would take the syrup and cook it with balsamic to make a drizzle sauce for the above.

A little coleslaw for garnish or a pea salad.

I would enter all three groups with that plate.

I am not entering but if I was I would take the potato mix and bread some fish with it and bake it.

I would take the pancake mix and make a green onion fried hushpuppie or beignet with it.

I would take the syrup and cook it with balsamic to make a drizzle sauce for the above.

A little coleslaw for garnish or a pea salad.

I would enter all three groups with that plate.
You should give it a try! Those sound like good entries. It only took a few minutes to enter. The hardest part (and it wasn't really hard) was determining amounts, since I didn't measure anything when I made it the first time.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom