I think I've messed up here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what is the $ value of the most expensive unknown thing?
how about: just dump all the unknowns and take it as a 'taught moment?'

if the stuff has been there so longer you cannot recall what it is . . . how fresh might it still be?
I agree, toss them all.

Oh no..
I would never do that.
I just love a good mystery and a riddle :)
I would be to stubborn to throw them out.
Frankly, I would toss all of them together. Add water or milk and make it all into flatbreads.
Leavened/unleavened/bit sweet/not sweet, who cares ;)

sigh. never understood the need to buy a pancake/waffle/biscuit "mix"
flour salt baking powder . . .
all that is standard stuff in my kitchen - and the "time/effort" to combine is like . . .

that aside, there are some mixes ala free-breakfast-motels that have a distinctive flavor.
reading the labels . . . you need some malt powder.

which . . . I have anyway - to spruce up specific bread recipes.

I do crepes and pancakes and waffles with bunches of different "flavors" -
almond, vanilla, etc. . . .mixes are too restricted....
Because it's easier than mixing and measuring and digging through the cupboard to find the ingredients you need (my baking powder always gets lost in the back in the cupboard somewhere because I rarely use it). You just dump it in a bowl (I don't even measure the "complete" pancake mix, I just wing it) then add milk (I use milk instead of water, it just tastes better) a splash of vanilla extract (purely optional) mix it up and you're done.

I dislike baking very much. Love to cook, hate to bake. So when it comes to cakes (which I buy in the supermarket bakery), cookies (the most I'll do is slice and bake or buy frozen dough), pies (again, bakery), pancakes & waffles, etc, I take the easiest routes possible.

Waste not want not. If it smells bad-throw it out, rancid flour/mix is no good for you to eat. If it isn't bad, I'd use it.

Well, I don't always have milk or eggs in the house. I don't drink milk myself and only use it for cooking, so when it comes to making pancakes, the easier the better and they taste fine to me using the Add Water mix. Naturally, I waste the most expensive of maple syrup on them, too.

I keep Bisquick on hand because I make garlic butter biscuits. They were a copycat of Red Lobster's biscuits but everyone who's eaten them say they taste way better. I love them and they are so easy to make with the Bisquick, I haven't honestly looked for another recipe.

Anyway, I tossed what I had and I have more Bisquick and pancake mix on the shopping list for next month. I usually only plan on 70 meals or so for the month but this month,because of eating out when the sciatica was so bad, I have a lot of extra meals for next month to make. So since I'll be spending less on food in May (and less is relative, I know), I decided I could afford to toss all the powder.

I have a warped sense of humor and I'm happy to report I controlled it this time and did NOT pack the powder into plastic bags and drop it off at the police station.

I think you should have dropped those pkgs off at the police station.... man! your could get your own TV series just one that! :LOL:

(not forgetting my ex and son are cops!)

I'm afraid something like that would only get me on Cops if they were still doing the show, and then the camera would be on me being arrested. Cops have their own humor, but wrapping flour in bags and making garbage bags look like human bodies are not something they find amusing. Also, they are not amused, after finding a leg in a dumpster, at some smart-ass 7-11 clerk putting up a sign saying "MISSING LEG. IF FOUND, CALL 555-555-5555." I know this because they took down my sign and forbade me to put it up again.

I'm afraid something like that would only get me on Cops if they were still doing the show, and then the camera would be on me being arrested. Cops have their own humor, but wrapping flour in bags and making garbage bags look like human bodies are not something they find amusing. Also, they are not amused, after finding a leg in a dumpster, at some smart-ass 7-11 clerk putting up a sign saying "MISSING LEG. IF FOUND, CALL 555-555-5555." I know this because they took down my sign and forbade me to put it up again.

Around 1989, I worked in a ten story building, with a parking garage attached. I was looking out a window one day at the top of the parking garage, and had a really warped idea. A few weeks later, in the middle of the night between Sunday and Monday, a friend and I went to the top of the garage with some blue painter's tape, and a bottle of ketchup. I laid on the ground in a contorted position, while my friend put a tape line around me. Then spattered the ketchup around the "body."

It looked pretty fake to me from the eighth floor the next morning, but a lot of people bought it. We never told anyone that we did it.

CD

My ex (cop) and his partner were called to an apartment by a hysterical girl who found a body in her tub. They were not impressed with the boyfriend who had used jello and a mannequin as a joke on her.

Jeez, Casey, that's the sort of prank that should get you a medal. You need to brag about that one. *starts getting ideas...*

Dragnlaw, I bet they weren't. Although I also bet they told everyone else at their station and laughed their heads off about it.

Probably they did, but also probably in that they were glad they didn't get the call. Have to keep their suppers down after sloughing thru blood and bits and bobs.

Back
Top Bottom