In the Category of What the Heck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One whole chicken in a can! It is one of the strangest things I've ever seen at a grocery store. It is like a quart size can. Ick!

Turns out that canned chicken was the "secret" behind my GrandMother's fantastic Chicken ad Dumplings. She was a master at cooking out of a can.

PrincessFiona60 & Kaneohegirlinaz, thank you for assuring me that there is a purpose for this...thing, but I still can't wrap my brain around it. Although, we've threatened to buy one to give as a gag gift!

PrincessFiona60 & Kaneohegirlinaz, thank you for assuring me that there is a purpose for this...thing, but I still can't wrap my brain around it. Although, we've threatened to buy one to give as a gag gift!

Best gag gift...my Mom had spent time at my Sister's...Sister is not a cook and served Mom Hamburger Helper for two weeks. I am a cook from scratch person and Mom knows this. Imagine her surprise when I presented her with a box of Hamburger Helper...I did have a homemade lasagna for her. That box of HH made it through the mail, back and forth for several years before Mom buried it.

I don't know that I've ever noticed the price on the whole canned chicken, maybe hubby remembers, I'll ask. But, I'm quite sure it isn't $20/can.

Hmmm...maybe I should start an Amazon store...:ohmy:

A friend of ours was complaining that he had been to his local Costco to purchase the Kirkland Brand Paper Towels.
He saw a sign stating that the price had not gone up, BUT the quantity had gone down, he was not happy.

I recently ordered another bottle of my favorite Rub from Miners Mix

IMG_0782.jpg

The price has not changed, but the quantity has!
:clap:

In the beginning of the pandemic, my What The Heck moment was when we could no longer find TP anywhere. One of the checkers at a local market said that another customer went next door to the Dollar Store and is buying the Tissue paper from the gift wrap department. She plans to burn it, since it isn't "septic safe."

Taxlady's post reminded me that I might be considered a "prepper" in the TP department. Just let me say, we are now very well prepared for any TP shortages! Won't be caught without again!

In The Category Of What The Heck?

Our community had an informational meeting at one of the local middle schools.
As we were getting out of our car to go inside the gymnasium, here walks a gal easily my age if not older, wearing this

images.jpg
(photo credit: Old Navy)

I kid you not!
These are Old Navy's:
"Halloween Matching Graphic Pajama Set for Women
$25.00"

:blink:

I know that these young folks are taking to wearing their PJ's in public now-a-days, but I mean, well, WHAT THE HECK!?

Our community had an informational meeting at one of the local middle schools.
As we were getting out of our car to go inside the gymnasium, here walks a gal easily my age if not older, wearing this

View attachment 49178
(photo credit: Old Navy)

I kid you not!
These are Old Navy's:
"Halloween Matching Graphic Pajama Set for Women
$25.00"

:blink:

I know that these young folks are taking to wearing their PJ's in public now-a-days, but I mean, well, WHAT THE HECK!?

LOL. When we moved to Washington in 2012, there was actually an item on the ballot to ban wearing pajamas in public. I thought, what the heck? They actually need a law for this!? Then, I went shopping at the local Walmart and I said, ah ha! Now I get the need for this law! :ROFLMAO:

According to customer comments at Amazon, most of it never does come out of the can. The Fatworks jar next to it is less expensive per ounce at Kaneo's store and Amazon but her store has the lower price for both.
I reckon aerosol Duck Fat is a sucker's product.
It's just a case of someone taking advantage of the popularity of duck fat created by TV cooking shows.

In The Category Of What The HECK!!!

Mister and Missus Next-Door Neighbors went down to the big city yesterday so that Mister could have a routine angioplasty.

WELL!

I just got a text from Missus that he had a stroke during the procedure and will need to stay at the hospital for more procedures.:ohmy:

But wait, there's more!

Not long after I awoke this morning, my phone rang, which it rarely does; it was my other Neighborhood Gal Pal.
See had just flown back in from seeing parents back East and could not reach her husband to come pick her up from the Airport Shuttle drop off point down the road a piece. :ermm:
So I quick got dressed and went to take her home.

WELL!

My Gal Pal doesn't carry house keys with her because one of them is always home to open the door. She was ringing the bell and banging on the front door - no answer :(
So she went around back and raised holy hell on the windows and glass slider.
FINALLY the Mister opened the door - he was fast a sleep and didn't hear a thing! :doh:

DH and I were going to take Mom on an excursion today,
but I say there's just too much bad juju in the air...
let's just stay home!

(((Hugs))) Kgirl.

My Wiccan and other pagan friends do say that "the veils are thin" near Samhain (Halloween). I think it's probably a smart move to stay home.

I tend to agree with you taxy and K-girl...something in the air. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it is that kind of feeling one gets when you are in that "waiting for the other shoe to drop" mode!? We've been sticking around the house mostly. We did run down to Winco to stock up on certain things that they carry. Left the "whole canned chicken" on the shelf but did notice it there! There was a guy in the store filling his cart with TP and other paper products...since most of our stores are running short on that stuff, again.

Best to just stay home! I think I'm going to make up a batch of twice-baked taters for the freezer supply.

smileys-cook-968450.gif

Back
Top Bottom