Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished "Cain and Abel"...Jeffery Archer.
Although this is the 30th anniversary of it's hitting the best seller list, I can't believe it passed me by in those days. WHAT a story, and no wonder it's now a classic!! By the way......it has nothing to do with the Bible.
If you have yet to read it........you're in for a real ride!!
WOW!!

I just finished the last installment of Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series, "Changes." I won't discuss it until all Butcher fans here have read it and DH is done. Continuing on with the Clive Cussler's I've missed over the years.

Just finished "Good Hope Road" by Lisa Wingate. Loved this book, very inspirational. Not sure what's next, but will definately start something today.

I am now reading The Passage by Justin Cronin. It is a vampire book, but does not seem to be the typical sort of vampire book. I am a 5TH of the way done with the book (700ish pages or so. Not too sure of the length because it is on my Kindle) and so far there have been no traditional vampires and the word vampire has only been used once or twice. This is the first thing I have ever read from this author. I am really enjoying his style. There are a lot of characters to keep track of and a number of different plot lines, but I can tell they are all going to end up coming together in one at some point and I have a feeling he will do it in a clever way. I got this book after hearing a recommendation for it on NPR and I am very happy I did.

In the middle of "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle", the story of a family of four who make it a goal to go a whole year only eating food they raised themselves or bought from local sources. Very interesting!

LOL, guess it's a brief attention span, but I've got 4 books going at the moment.
The battle for Normandy, by Antony Beevor, one of the best books I've read about the D'Day invasion.
Rereading Talking god by Tony Hillerman, one of my favorite authors no longer with us.
The Good, the Bad and the Uncanny, by Simon r. green in the Nightside series
And Blue-eyed Devil, the, what will now be the last in the Virgil Cole western series due to Robert B. Parker's untimely demise.

Beach Road, James Patterson and Peter de Jonge. cheesey. but I started it so I should finish it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom