Let's PARTY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We're throwing a Covid 19 food and drink party right here at DC...

BYOB and BYOF.......
What are you bringing.......??? Music? Drinks? Munchies?

Show us your masks!

We've all been cooped up and sad toooooo long...
Let's Party!! Safely!

What a great idea Kayelle. Do want to do it for a specific date? Or do we want it to be an ongoing party?

I have to think about what I will be bringing.

In the mean time, here's a picture of me in one of my masks. A friend of mine makes them. As someone who has done a lot of sewing, I say these are really well made. This is her website: Atelier Fiber Arts.

Attachments

• 20200704_200320.jpg
    20200704_200320.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 110
Glad you like the idea Taxi, and I really like your mask!

What would be a good date for the wild party to start......? We could have a month long party or even more. We're sure not going anywhere.

Last edited:
When I was little we used to drive by a Suburban Polynesian restaurant. "floor show nightly" in neon w dancing hula girls marquee I was young and thought this must a very sophisticated restaurant. I might also have gotten my Ernest Hemingway mixed up with Paul Gauguin. I always thought we should go there for dinner sometime, but one or the other or Both parents said "lock your doors." Imagine, I grew up and we went to a Chinese restaurant that had pupu platter appetizers. I didn't know what this is, but it vaguely reminded of a tiki bar, and when the serving came out with deep fried chicken wings, regular egg rolls and Mozzarella Stix ( yes, probably spelled with an X) it was a wee disappointment.

All this to say, this is my RSVP. I'm in -- Best foot forward, ok, clean hands forward. Not sure what I might bring yet. It probably won't be a pupu platter, however, if this is someone else's special dish I think it's a swell idea

Last edited:
We're throwing a Covid 19 food and drink party right here at DC...

BYOB and BYOF.......
What are you bringing.......??? Music? Drinks? Munchies?

Show us your masks!

We've all been cooped up and sad toooooo long...
Let's Party!! Safely!
LOVE this idea! Count me in!!

I'm in. I'm bringing my new found favorite recipe, Andy's Ranch potato salad and I'll add the ranch dressing recipe I use.

Ranch Dressing

1 cup mayo
1/4 cup milk
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1/4 t. salt
black pepper
1 T. apple cider vinegar
2 t. fresh chopped parsley

Whisk together in a bowl.

The potato salad recipe calls for 1/2 cup ranch dressing and I add another round of the dry seasonings from the dressing recipe for the dry ranch packet in the recipe.

Photo is a thinly disguised attempt to hide the non-haircut.

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 77
I remember years ago when I used to have my Cooking Game of the Week on the Cooking Light Bulletin Board, I would throw a Pool Party. That was always the best time of the 10 years it ran (at least for me lol). I remember this one member (Ham) used to always bring his little yellow ducky. lol. We would have people bring something for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Would you like us to do this now and make a whole day of it?

Last edited:
My Margarita recipe is:

1 part lemon or lime juice or some of each (our preference)
2 parts triple sec. If you can only get the stuff with less than 35% alcohol, use Cointreau.
4 parts tequila

Shake with ice and strain into pretty glasses. If you like, put salt on the rims of the glasses.

The only pix I can find on my 'puter of Margaritas have other stuff too. This one seems appropriate, 'cause ABTs are great party food.

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_185515.jpg
    IMG_20191227_185515.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 95
My Margarita recipe is:

1 part lemon or lime juice or some of each (our preference)
2 parts triple sec. If you can only get the stuff with less than 35% alcohol, use Cointreau.
4 parts tequila

Shake with ice and strain into pretty glasses. If you like, put salt on the rims of the glasses.

The only pix I can find on my 'puter of Margaritas have other stuff too. This one seems appropriate, 'cause ABTs are great party food.

Hey GF..you sure know how to put out the spread. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom