Let's PARTY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All this food looks like professionals did it!! FANTASTIC....

Well, here's my darling Souschef all dressed for the party...I'm not dressed yet.
Nice motif on the mask.

:brows:

sexy-stick-drawing.jpg

You two sillies! :LOL: You could take your act on the road - if that was a "thing" these days.

Kayelle, Himself really liked Souschef's mask pattern. I've been going through more of my fabric and ran across a good sized piece I had bought for a valance for his bathroom. It's a dark blue field with white sky images such as shooting stars and such. The shooting stars glow in the dark! :cool: I can cut a 10" swath from it and still have enough left for a valance. Since the sewing machine is upstairs and even with A/C it gets warm in there (and that's the room I sleep in, to boot), Himself and I have to wrestle the machine down to the family room. One it's downstairs, I'll get back to sewing masks.

You two sillies! :LOL: You could take your act on the road - if that was a "thing" these days.

Kayelle, Himself really liked Souschef's mask pattern. I've been going through more of my fabric and ran across a good sized piece I had bought for a valance for his bathroom. It's a dark blue field with white sky images such as shooting stars and such. The shooting stars glow in the dark! :cool: I can cut a 10" swath from it and still have enough left for a valance. Since the sewing machine is upstairs and even with A/C it gets warm in there (and that's the room I sleep in, to boot), Himself and I have to wrestle the machine down to the family room. One it's downstairs, I'll get back to sewing masks.

SC says thanks..it fits his love of vintage air planes. He ordered it from Esty.com after sweeping the internet looking for something like it.

Oh that pattern would be so great for your "star gazing sweetie"! I can't wait to see him in it. We need to see you too....

SO many yummy things! I want MsMofet's pepperoni chip and macaroni salad recipes!
Thank you Kathleen.

I will type them up (I have reworked some of my recipes. So some have new versions now) as soon as I can.

Remind me if it takes to long.

Is it too late to join the party?

I'll bring:

ABTs

ABTs.jpg

Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa

Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa.jpg

A Fattie

Fattie.jpg

and Paklava for dessert

Paklava.jpg

I don't think you look angry. I think Linda looks startled or surprised, not scared. BTW, nice name ;). I'm a Linda too. There's a lot of us in my age group.

Rum punch sounds good and I can hardly wait to try those spicy lamb kebabs. Recipe please.

DH and I haven't bothered with hair trimming / cutting. We both just wear ours in pony tails.

You asked for this recipe, Linda -

Lamb Shish Kabobs with Tomato Tzatziki

1.5 lbs. fresh ground lamb
1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tspns red wine vinegar
- 1 tspn minced garlic
- 3/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn ground black pepper
-1/4 tspn ground cumin
-1/8 tspn ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat - 1 tspn Harissa spice blend - if you have it - or your option of:
e.g -. Up to 1 tspn finely diced jalapeno or other hot chili pepper depending on your desired heat 'tolerance level'; or several large dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
Mix all the above ingredients until evenly distributed. Shape portions of the mix into rolls like short cigars, each about 3" long X 1" or so in diameter. This should make 16 rolls.
Cover & refrigerate for at least 1 hour before grilling.
Soak 16 wooden skewers in water for at least 1/2 hour before assembly & grilling.
This will suffice to make 8 skewers of 2 rolls each, using 2 skewers in each of the 2 roll portions as follows:
After chilling the lamb rolls, place 2 rolls one above the other. Push a skewer through the 2 rolls about 1" from their ends. Repeat with another skewer parallel to the first one about the same distance from the other end. This represents a good serving portion per person and the double skewering should provide a more stable base to facilitate grilling them by keeping the meat rolls whole and undamaged when turning. However, you may of course find it ok to opt for skewering just one roll to each skewer but shape them somewhat longer than 3".
Lightly brush them with olive oil & grill for approx. 5 - 7 minutes over direct heat with the lid closed as much as possible, turning 2 or 3 times, until nicely browned all over but still slightly pink and juicy in the center. Serve warm with the dipping sauce.

Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup yogurt, preferably thick Greek style
-1/2 cup finely chopped ripe tomato
-1/4 cup shredded carrot
-1 tspn finely chopped parsley
- 2 tspns olive oil
- 1/2 tspn minced garlic
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/8 tspn ground black pepper

Mix all the sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.

OK..I'm dressed for the party now. :cool:

The bandana style mask works better for my breathing but since I'm not the cowgirl type, I fashioned one out of a pretty dinner napkin with a button and elastic loop at the back. No sewing machine required. I wish it was lighter weight though. I'll try again.

Attachments

• P7190052.jpg
    P7190052.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 47
I love it all! The recipes, the pictures of everyone in their masks. What a great party this would be!

I have a scarf one too, Kayelle. It smooshes my nose though!

MsMofet - Cinnamon rolls????? Erm......Yum!

Kayelle, I love your bandana style mask. I think you are wise to make it nice and long, to help keep out the cooties.

I love it all! The recipes, the pictures of everyone in their masks. What a great party this would be!

I have a scarf one too, Kayelle. It smooshes my nose though!

MsMofet - Cinnamon rolls????? Erm......Yum!

Ahh Haaa...it smooshed my nose too before I whipstitched a covered wire

from from the top of a cookie bag. It worked great with the nose smooshing. :rolleyes:

You asked for this recipe, Linda -

Lamb Shish Kabobs with Tomato Tzatziki

1.5 lbs. fresh ground lamb
1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tspns red wine vinegar
- 1 tspn minced garlic
- 3/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn ground black pepper
-1/4 tspn ground cumin
-1/8 tspn ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat - 1 tspn Harissa spice blend - if you have it - or your option of:
e.g -. Up to 1 tspn finely diced jalapeno or other hot chili pepper depending on your desired heat 'tolerance level'; or several large dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
Mix all the above ingredients until evenly distributed. Shape portions of the mix into rolls like short cigars, each about 3" long X 1" or so in diameter. This should make 16 rolls.
Cover & refrigerate for at least 1 hour before grilling.
Soak 16 wooden skewers in water for at least 1/2 hour before assembly & grilling.
This will suffice to make 8 skewers of 2 rolls each, using 2 skewers in each of the 2 roll portions as follows:
After chilling the lamb rolls, place 2 rolls one above the other. Push a skewer through the 2 rolls about 1" from their ends. Repeat with another skewer parallel to the first one about the same distance from the other end. This represents a good serving portion per person and the double skewering should provide a more stable base to facilitate grilling them by keeping the meat rolls whole and undamaged when turning. However, you may of course find it ok to opt for skewering just one roll to each skewer but shape them somewhat longer than 3".
Lightly brush them with olive oil & grill for approx. 5 - 7 minutes over direct heat with the lid closed as much as possible, turning 2 or 3 times, until nicely browned all over but still slightly pink and juicy in the center. Serve warm with the dipping sauce.

Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup yogurt, preferably thick Greek style
-1/2 cup finely chopped ripe tomato
-1/4 cup shredded carrot
-1 tspn finely chopped parsley
- 2 tspns olive oil
- 1/2 tspn minced garlic
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/8 tspn ground black pepper

Mix all the sauce ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Thank you. It sounds great. I have saved the recipe.

That's the truth Taxi. Who would have thought as little kids, that cooties are real, and out to get you? :ohmy:
I remember seeing a meme on FB, not long after the pandemic started. It was something to the effect of, Of all the things I learned as a kid, I wouldn't have expected cooties to be so important.

Back
Top Bottom