Local gone National? Taylor Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
There was a thread mentioining this pork roll. I'd never heard of it but seemed to be a popular item. Kgirl, I remember you talking about it but not who else. It gave me the assumption it was Hawaiian, but later comments said not?
and then I see this... LOL
Taylor Pork Roll

found it thru the link GG had posted 'bout turkey's.

I don't see anything that says that Taylor Pork Roll is anything other than a regional product. Did I miss something?

There was a thread mentioining this pork roll. I'd never heard of it but seemed to be a popular item. Kgirl, I remember you talking about it but not who else. It gave me the assumption it was Hawaiian, but later comments said not?
and then I see this... LOL
Taylor Pork Roll

found it thru the link GG had posted 'bout turkey's.
Hee hee, that site can be a time suck fascinating resource! 😁

It's a regional product in New Jersey. I remember msmofet and caseydog talking about it. I think it's called Taylor Ham in one part of NJ and Taylor Pork Roll in the other, but I don't remember which is north and which is south. Maybe you thought it was Hawaiian because k'girl talked about it? Her DH is from NJ, iirc, and she's had it when they visited his family there.

Hee hee, that site can be a time suck fascinating resource! 😁
You certainly have that right!

Yeah, thanks about the (Taylor) Pork (Roll). It was k;girl and then someone mentioned having it on 'Hawaiian' rolls to boot. Which I'd also never heard of.

(Hawaain - Hawiaan - Hawain - Hawaian - HA - HAWAIIAN - one day I'll get it right on the first try!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom