Monday dinner, 3-12-2018, what's cookin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm doing a skillet to oven Greek inspired dish with chicken thighs, lemon and orzo. Sure smells good.

P3120080_1.jpg

That looks fabulous. If you've already posted a recipe for this Kay, can you please point me in the right direction? :yum:

That looks fabulous. If you've already posted a recipe for this Kay, can you please point me in the right direction? :yum:

Thanks Cheryl, it was really delicious and it was one of those "wing it" dishes, but the secret is Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning. Love that stuff and I get it at Von's.
Season the thighs with it and brown in the skillet. Remove them and pour out the extra grease but leave the fond. Put 2 cups orzo in the skillet, add 3 cups of Chick. broth and the juice of two lemons with 2 heaping tsp. of Cavenders, and lots of fresh chopped parsley. Place chicken on top and tuck in some lemon slices. Bake uncovered at 350 around 40 min.
:yum: I'll sure make it again.

Last edited:
HOLEY MOLEY!!!

just perused thru all these meals...

there should be MORE storms if that's what you guys create! (no, no just kidding, we've had enough - but you people create/find the most fantastic meals) Ku du's to all!

Noted: greek oven chicken - tuscan shrimp

and Rock? do you have a recipe for that mussel soup? Looks divine.

Thanks Cheryl, it was really delicious and it was one of those "wing it" dishes, but the secret is Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning. Love that stuff and I get it at Von's.
Season the thighs with it and brown in the skillet. Remove them and pour out the extra grease but leave the fond. Put 2 cups orzo in the skillet, add 3 cups of Chick. broth and the juice of two lemons with 2 heaping tsp. of Cavenders, and lots of fresh chopped parsley. Place chicken on top and tuck in some lemon slices. Bake uncovered at 350 around 40 min.
:yum: I'll sure make it again.

Thanks, Kay! This does sound so good, and I've got everything to make it so it'll be on tomorrow's menu. :yum:

Well....with the exception of Cavender's Greek Seasoning - much as I hate to alter a first time try on a recipe, I'll have to use Penzey's Greek Seasoning, just because I already have nearly a full jar of it in the pantry. :) Thanks again for taking the time to type this out for me.

Made this today...OMGosh Kay....it was wonderful. :yum: Posting my results in today's dinner thread in a bit.

HOLEY MOLEY!!!

just perused thru all these meals...

there should be MORE storms if that's what you guys create! (no, no just kidding, we've had enough - but you people create/find the most fantastic meals) Ku du's to all!

Noted: greek oven chicken - tuscan shrimp

and Rock? do you have a recipe for that mussel soup? Looks divine.
Not really..I'm afraid..I could tell you what I did if you like..it's usually always different

Here, it's still lit,

So you're saying it probably still warm?

That would be good Rocklobster. I would probably change it anyhow :LOL:. Just to get a general idea how you proceeded.

Were the mussel raw or frozen? Steamed - defrosted? Broth base? When to add them? - stuff like that.

Just so I can tell bucky I made them "same, same but different..." a popular Vietnamese market saying

Back
Top Bottom