New Kid on The Block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Lance

Assistant Cook
Hi there everyone :)

Just a quick note to say a very BIG hello to you all. I look forward to meeting you all (in text format) over time.

I love food and cooking so I feel like I'm in heaven here.

See ya'll round like a rissole :chef:

Ok... that was a little cheesy.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here, we have lots of fun! We don't even mind if you drool on your keyboard reading the recipes!

So you come from the Land Down-Under, where women glow and men chunder. Do you feel, can you feel the thunder...

That thunder just means it's time to put the barby away and fire up DiscussCooking on your computer.

I had the great fortune of visiting Perth while in the U.S. Navy. I had a great time there. Unfortuantely, it was winter time and too cold to swim (for most people at least. (You see, I'm from a place where snow banks are seven feet high on either side of your driveway, and traveling 70 miles per hour in a blizzard is just another days roadtrip).

But it doesn't matter what the weather is like, you're welcome here no matter where you come from. Why, we make friends with people from New York City, and Jew Jersey here (You''l get to know and love BuckTom just like the rest of us, right Bucky;)).

So lossen up those typing fingers and send us a truly Aussie recipe.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Nice to meet you Goodweed.

"So you come from the Land Down-Under, where women glow and men chunder. Do you feel, can you feel the thunder..."

Hmmm, now that sounds familiar. I think I've heard that in a song somewhere.;)

If you're in the Navy then perhaps the Beach Boys may be more you type...

"Round round round round; I get around..."

Alot of traveling in the Navy mate! I bet you've seen a few places. Get around a bit eh?

Sorry the weather was a bit dreary in Perth for you mate. I thought it was a bit like an endless summer over there? Sunny one day and sunny the next. Folks seem to flock there like Aussie blokes to an esky full of beer or flies to... well you know what I mean.

Looking forward to meeting BuckTom

Cheers

I got out of the Navy in 1986. So you can imagine that Perth made quite an impression on me as I was only there for a weekend and remember it like it was yesterday. I got an incredible purchase there. I bought a solid, shaped and polished gray opal for $15 U.S. I brought it back to the states, and it was appraised at $400. A few years later, I had it set in a ring for my wife and it was appraised at $800. I sure wish I'd had a few thousand to spend on opals back in 1984.:LOL:

But the people were warm, and the experience was one of a lifetime.

Glad you're here, mate.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom